PDA

View Full Version : I know its not Large Format!

Finn McCoull
23-Jul-2011, 15:31
But its used in very much the same way! Hi, I am an inexperienced owner of a Hasselblad Arcbody with the 35mm and 45mm Rodenstock lens. It has a split image focussing screen.
I've only been using the camera for landscapes so generally focussed on infinity.
Recently on a wet afternoon I started playing with it indoors and found that if I focussed using the split image the lens might say 2.3m whereas the measured distance was 1.5m. At first I thought a lens fault but found the same thing happening with both lens. Is this a common aberration with this type of focussing system and which is most likely to be correct, the split image distance selection as seen in the prism finder or the actual distance measurement from the object to the film plane? Thanks.

lenser
23-Jul-2011, 15:57
You might want to pose this question on Photo.net in the medium format section. There is a gentleman (Q.G. de Bakker ), who often answers rather arcane Hasselblad questions there with rather incredible knowledge. Perhaps he will be able to help.

Sirius Glass
23-Jul-2011, 16:02
You will find http://www.hasselbladinfo.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136 and look under V System which will get you talking to the right knowledgeable people much faster.

Steve