PDA

View Full Version : What are Bausch & Lomb Petzvals going for these days???

DanK
20-Jul-2011, 18:33
What's a reasonable price range for Bausch and Lomb Petzvals - magic lantern types....10 inch or so...

I've noticed quite a few 'rare' or 'named' lenses, plus 'big' lenses for sale lately....but fewer, and fewer middle to low range petzvals on both the forum and *bay...

Are they really becoming more difficult to find? Hoarders? Supply? Demand?

Thanks,
Dan

goamules
21-Jul-2011, 07:27
They still pop up from time to time, you just have to keep watching. The brass ones are more popular than the black. If you like, PM me about a 9" brass Magic Lantern petzval lens I'm thinking of selling.

On a related note, there's a seller on Feebay that keeps listing the triplet type of black B&L projector lenses as "Cooke". Several have sold, and several are currently posted. It's interesting that she, and a certain other seller that now concentrates in Cine lenses, can use keyword spamming all day long without Ebay stopping them. But a guy the other day had "Petzval-type" in his title for a CC Harrison, obvious petzval, and Ebay deleted his listing for "keyword spamming". The difference between these sellers is he was a small, infrequent Ebay seller. The others are allowed to do whatever they want because Ebay gets lots of money from the big sellers. Rant over...