PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Horseman 45fa question:

TJV
19-Jul-2011, 05:01
Hi all, I have a rush job to do tomorrow and I need to use a friends Horseman 45fa as my Tech is in the shop. I'm planning to use a 90mm f/8 SA lens on a flat lens board. Just need to check if this setup will require me to drop the bed as not to have it obscure the bottom of the frame? Thanks in advance.
T

ic-racer
19-Jul-2011, 08:49
Should be OK.

Armin Seeholzer
20-Jul-2011, 02:10
Not even with a 75mm so you are on the very save side!

Cheers Armin

TJV
20-Jul-2011, 14:22
Great, thanks! I love the little FA. It's tiny compared to the Technika.

I've only just got back into 4x5" and to be honest it's like I need to relearn everything. I've found myself fumbling around the camera and feeling like a fish out of water. It's exciting but daunting and I need to really push myself to not give up.

I shot with the FA yesterday and have sent the film off to the lab but I have a real suspicion that they will not turn out as planned – I thought I had zeroed off all settings but when home found the back to be marginally off square. Plus I'm pretty sure there was a bellows obstruction near the edge of the frame, casting a black shadow over the bottom of the image. Will have to wait and see and try look at the experience as a learning curve. All good things take time and patience!

T

Not even with a 75mm so you are on the very save side!

Cheers Armin