PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Jersey USA

Bill Kelleher
18-Jul-2011, 06:00
Hello all
My name is Bill, I just recently got into large format. I bought a calumet c-1 and a canham? 4x5 along with a plethora of lenses, dark slides etc. Its kind of funny being an object of curiosity to bystanders as I go through the motions of setup,exposure readings,taking the photograph. explaining to them that YES I am only taking two photographs (cautious). a few of them have been very helpful showing me their sputnik/f-18/nuclear powered camera capable which "can do anything yours does".................wait for it.......then I invite them to look under the darkcloth....then I show them movements (the camera not mine!):D. In the end it is proving to be a nice break from the job stress (psych/detox nurse). But I have a question, does anyone know of any large format clubs in New Jersey?
Thanks Bill K

rguinter
21-Jul-2011, 09:23
Bill:

Pleased to meetcha.

Glad to have another NJ neighbor. If you find a club let me know.

I've never (in my life) been much of a club type but if some members were close by I could be persuaded to join in from time to time. I'm in Morristown.

Cheers.

Bob G.

W K Longcor
21-Jul-2011, 09:28
Well -- there are 3 of us --- We could start our own club ---but no dues - LF doesn't leave any money for that!:D

eddie
21-Jul-2011, 09:40
does anyone know of any large format clubs in New Jersey?
Thanks Bill K

welcome.

nope. better get to NY.....har har har.

a bunch of us get together and shoot regularly around NYC and about a 120 mile radius. make a suggestion and we will go. (add a location in your profile so we know if it is the NY part of NJ or the DE part of NJ....:) )

join this:

http://alec.com/mailman/listinfo/northeastlf_alec.com

see you soon.....?

Sirius Glass
21-Jul-2011, 17:20
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

cyrus
21-Jul-2011, 21:27
Its kind of funny being an object of curiosity to bystanders as I go through the motions of setup,exposure readings,taking the photograph. explaining to them...K

Yeah that'll get old real fast. Wear headphones or pretend to, and they'll leave you alone.

Duane Polcou
22-Jul-2011, 00:46
Another fellow New Jerseyan checking in to say welcome to the LF forum.

John Fink Jr.
20-Sep-2011, 08:06
Hello People,

I'm also looking for a like minded group of LFers to hook up with.
Has anyone decided to get together or form a loose group?

I'm in the Princeton, NJ area, but a little drive on a weekend is great for a meet-up.

John

Flauvius
20-Sep-2011, 17:04
If you look at APUB, you will see that there has been for some time a large format group in New Jersey. The group is "headed" by James Grimes and who is in Skillman, NJ.

On behalf of Jim, we are always looking for like minded larger format photographers to join in our photo/social outings. New Jersey is a vertible treasuer box if you stop to "look" at its remaining architechural jewels, landscapes by the Delaware Bay, or its many bridges.

Last year, we organized a trip to the old wooden-boat junk yards along the Delaware Bay. Although we could have spent a week photographing there, no one came. It apparently was "too far", "too cold", "too etc." Unfortunately, most of the old clam and oyster boats have since been recycled.

FWIW, I live in Pennsylvania, but find New Jersey much more convenient for my landscape photography.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin
"Flauvius"
RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

cyrus
20-Sep-2011, 18:43
Meet up at Jersey City, NJ. Come on over. Send me a PM for address/directions.

Fotoguy20d
21-Sep-2011, 10:26
Greetings. I'm in if someone wants to form a LF club in north jersey (or south jersey, or anywhere in between)...

Last weekend...

Great Falls - Paterson
Old Mill - Paramus

marcant21
19-Nov-2011, 16:47
large formet in somerset nj. drop me a note if anyone's interested