PDA

View Full Version : Dayi 4x5 back compatibility

ghe67
16-Jul-2011, 02:27
HI Guys,
does anyone knows if a Sinar back, normal or sliding (for the P camera) will fit the Dayi 4x5 camera?
I'm a little bit confused as on the Dayi page there are several option for the back ( Sinar, Linhof, Toyo etc..) but if they are all international backs (Graflok) they will be interchangeable so no differences ordering a Dayi camera..??
Any experiences with this camera?
Thanks in advance.
Giorgio

Noah A
16-Jul-2011, 14:56
The Dayi uses the entire back mechanism from the cameras you mentioned. This includes not only the part of the back that holds the focusing screen (the groundglass frame), but also uses the larger metal frame that the groundglass frame mounts to.

I hope that description helps, but in any event they're definitely not interchangeable.

I have a Dayi camera that fits a horseman back. When I was shopping for it i was thinking about the Sinar version, but I've seen one or two different kinds of sinar backs and I couldn't get a confirmation of which was the correct one. It's important because since there are no bellows, the spacing must be perfect if you want your lens to focus as it was intended to.

For what it's worth, I'll be selling a Dayi 4x5 with a horseman back on this forum as soon as I get around to snapping photos of it.