PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Recessed Lens Board Missing Pieces?

wallrat
15-Jul-2011, 10:46
Happy Friday all, I bought a Linhof recessed lens board used in Ex+ condition from Keh. I know it's missing at least the quick-release adapter for the cable, but I'm curious what else it's missing (maybe nothing). I am mounting a Caltar II-N 90 f6.8 (Copal #0) which fits perfectly. Attached is a picture I shot of it on my cell phone. Sorry it's a bit blurry, but it's a cell phone...

KEH said they will send me parts that are missing, I just need to know what is missing. I also emailed HP Marketing to see if I can get a parts explosion for this.

Thanks in advance,
-Bill

Bob Salomon
15-Jul-2011, 11:27
What you are missing is the right angle flash nipple for the PC socket and the cable release nipple.

But as I mentioned in my email to you this morning we need to know if this board was for the Copal or the Compur shutter or if you lucked out and got one that was for both. If you have the wrong board then the shutter will not mount properly when it is properly installed with the cable release wire.
To make things more interesting the boards are not marked with the catalog number so you can't tell until you put it all together. Further compounding the issue is the catalog #. You have either a 001015 for Compur, a 001016 for Copal or a later version for both. What you don't have is the current 001015 Comfort board. That is the one with the new cable release socket that uses a very short cable rather then the wire, has the aperture scales on the front face of the board along with the aperture lever and indicator and a surface mounted press focus with an indicator on the face of the board. It is not as deep as your board, 6mm deep, and does not have that inner raised ring that your board has. But the older boards were made like yours.

We just had someone who did the same thing you have done but his rear group would not screw into the shutter when it was mounted. He bought the Comgort board and now it does screw into the shutter.

Why do you think you are missing pieces?

wallrat
15-Jul-2011, 13:15
What you are missing is the right angle flash nipple for the PC socket and the cable release nipple.

But as I mentioned in my email to you this morning we need to know if this board was for the Copal or the Compur shutter or if you lucked out and got one that was for both. If you have the wrong board then the shutter will not mount properly when it is properly installed with the cable release wire.
To make things more interesting the boards are not marked with the catalog number so you can't tell until you put it all together. Further compounding the issue is the catalog #. You have either a 001015 for Compur, a 001016 for Copal or a later version for both. What you don't have is the current 001015 Comfort board. That is the one with the new cable release socket that uses a very short cable rather then the wire, has the aperture scales on the front face of the board along with the aperture lever and indicator and a surface mounted press focus with an indicator on the face of the board. It is not as deep as your board, 6mm deep, and does not have that inner raised ring that your board has. But the older boards were made like yours.

We just had someone who did the same thing you have done but his rear group would not screw into the shutter when it was mounted. He bought the Comgort board and now it does screw into the shutter.

Why do you think you are missing pieces?

Ok, thanks. I didn't see your reply, but I will check my spam folder :/

As for missing pieces, I knew I was missing the flash sync piece and the quick release adapter for the cable release. I was able to mount my Copal #0 just fine, the elements all seated nicely and all functions of the shutter are easily accessible, except for the shutter release of course.

Since I knew I was missing at least those 2 pieces, I wondered what else may be missing. The wire for the shutter release seems to just plug into the bottom of the cone (short part of the bend) and the long part of the bend just sits into and through the old release socket? I can thread it that way no problem, but it just seems that it should clip into the release on the board or something. It just simply lays in there. That may be correct, and if so, it seems I'm just missing the above mentioned 2 pieces. I'm on a budget so I needed to go used ($47 in excellent+ condition).

Thanks for your prompt reply and additional follow up here.

-Bill

wallrat
15-Jul-2011, 13:21
Bob, can you resend that reply to my email? I can't find it anywhere?

Bob Salomon
15-Jul-2011, 13:28
It is re-sent. The missing itmes are available from marflex. 252 652-4401. He can also tell you what you have done right or wrong.

Ok, thanks. I didn't see your reply, but I will check my spam folder :/

As for missing pieces, I knew I was missing the flash sync piece and the quick release adapter for the cable release. I was able to mount my Copal #0 just fine, the elements all seated nicely and all functions of the shutter are easily accessible, except for the shutter release of course.

Since I knew I was missing at least those 2 pieces, I wondered what else may be missing. The wire for the shutter release seems to just plug into the bottom of the cone (short part of the bend) and the long part of the bend just sits into and through the old release socket? I can thread it that way no problem, but it just seems that it should clip into the release on the board or something. It just simply lays in there. That may be correct, and if so, it seems I'm just missing the above mentioned 2 pieces. I'm on a budget so I needed to go used ($47 in excellent+ condition).

Thanks for your prompt reply and additional follow up here.

-Bill

wallrat
15-Jul-2011, 13:42
It is re-sent. The missing itmes are available from marflex. 252 652-4401. He can also tell you what you have done right or wrong.

Ok, thanks. KEH said they will supply them if they have them, or discount the item if not.

Thanks again,
-Bill

wallrat
15-Jul-2011, 14:39
Does anyone have this lens board designed for a Copal #0? I'm wondering if I can measure it with my calipers to determine if it's correct. I assume if the lens & shutter fit (which they do just fine) then it doesn't matter much besides the 90 adapter for the flash sync (which I can specify from KEH).

Thanks,
-Bill

wallrat
27-Jul-2011, 12:26
Ok, I measured this and it's definitely the correct board. The only part I believe I am missing is the piece that connects into the quicksocket. I assume there is a part that screws onto the cable release then clips into the quicksocket. Does anyone have a picture of this piece so that I can request one from KEH?

Thanks in advance,
-Bill

Bob Salomon
27-Jul-2011, 14:30
Ok, I measured this and it's definitely the correct board. The only part I believe I am missing is the piece that connects into the quicksocket. I assume there is a part that screws onto the cable release then clips into the quicksocket. Does anyone have a picture of this piece so that I can request one from KEH?

Thanks in advance,
-Bill

Again, Marflex can answer all of your questions and supply any missing parts. 252 652-4401.

wallrat
27-Jul-2011, 14:38
Ok, didn't want to take up their time for nothing. KEH will supply the parts for free, I just hoped to have documentation of exactly what it is I need so the replacement process doesn't drag on. It seems there aren't that many of these in the wild as it's hard to find pictures of the full setup. I wish they were more reasonably priced and I would have just bought it new, but $467 for a lens board, wow.

-Bill

Bob Salomon
28-Jul-2011, 12:31
Ok, didn't want to take up their time for nothing. KEH will supply the parts for free, I just hoped to have documentation of exactly what it is I need so the replacement process doesn't drag on. It seems there aren't that many of these in the wild as it's hard to find pictures of the full setup. I wish they were more reasonably priced and I would have just bought it new, but $467 for a lens board, wow.

-Bill

If you need to know what is included just ask me.

Depends on which board you actually bought. 001015 old style, 001016 or the later 001015 or the current 001015. Why not call me and we can go over what was included with each variation?

800 735-4373

wallrat
28-Jul-2011, 12:47
Ok, will do. I'll call you this afternoon Bob. I really appreciate it. I know how valuable time is so I didn't want to inconvenience anyone.

Thanks,
-Bill

I forgot you were East Coast. I missed you by 10 minutes. I'll call tomorrow.