PDA

View Full Version : Watching Spaghetti Westerns and Making Photographs

averagechuck
13-Jul-2011, 08:08
Hi I’m Chuck and I’m a large format shooter from the Texas Panhandle. I enjoy this forum and have found it to be very helpful.

I have been interested in photography for about fifteen years and studied some art in college. One day I was casually flipping through the B&H catalog when I stumbled upon their view camera page. It was like something jumped up and hit me between the eyes. Instantly I knew large format photography was for me.

Currently I work with a 4x5 Sinar F2, 90mm & 210mm lens, tray processing. I enjoy scanning and making contact prints.

I look forward to learning and contributing with the large format community, hope to jump to 8x10 someday.

Hello and happy picture making!

Andrew O'Neill
13-Jul-2011, 15:52
Hi Chuck! Welcome to the forum... being from Texas, I'm suprised that you started with such a small format...:D

John Kasaian
13-Jul-2011, 17:19
Spaghetti Westerns rock! :D
Welcome aboard!

Vick Vickery
13-Jul-2011, 19:42
Welcome to group therapy! :) There are alot of us hooked on both LF and westerns...I've got a pretty extensive John Wayne collection!

Adamphotoman
14-Jul-2011, 06:36
Welcome from Canada. I am recently going the other way. I have processed over a million fiber based prints as well as countless other colour wet processes. Now Large Format Digital is what I embrace. I only tell you because I would like to pass on a wealth of information. So ask away. The only dumb deaf and blind questions are the ones you don't ask...
Grant

Gerry Meekins
14-Jul-2011, 17:48
Welcome Chuck! Lots to learn here for sure..

Robert Brummitt
15-Jul-2011, 08:51
"The good, the soft and the spotted"
Welcome!