PDA

View Full Version : My v750 pro won't Windows 7

metalsmith
12-Jul-2011, 15:33
I just bought an Epson V750 pro and it installs but doesn't communicate with my Windows 7 PC. Does anyone have this problem too? I used the Windows 7 driver off the web site.

Thanks,
Kevin Taylor

Kirk Gittings
12-Jul-2011, 15:37
No problem with mine, been using it with W7 for a year or so.

metalsmith
12-Jul-2011, 16:12
Thanks, that is re assuring, my XP machine is very sloow!! I'll keep trying

SolsticePhoto
12-Jul-2011, 17:11
Make sure you are not using too long a usb cable or that you are not going through an external usb hub -- both caused me some grief when setting up my v700 with win7x64.

After I removed the hub all was well.

good luck

Jeremy Moore
13-Jul-2011, 10:36
Are you trying to scan through Adobe Photoshop CS4 or CS5 in 64bit or CS5 in 32bit through the TWAIN driver and your scanner just isn't showing up as an option in the Import dialog?

It's because Adobe decided to no longer include a copy of Twain_32.8BA in Import-Export folder inside of the Plug-ins folder in the 32/64bit versions of CS5 and the 64bit version of CS4. If you paste a copy of Twain_32.8BA into this folder you will now be able to scan using TWAIN directly into Photoshop.

default PC location for 32bit CS5 folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\Import-Export
default PC location for 64bit CS5 folder:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Import-Export

I don't have CS4 installed on this machine to give copy/paste the default path for that one, but it's similar to the above.

Gerry Meekins
13-Jul-2011, 17:23
I'm using a V700 with Win7 32bit and either the USB or FireWire cables have worked without a hicup since I installed the Operating System earlier this year.

Good luck,

metalsmith
14-Jul-2011, 16:09
Thanks to everyone for the very fast replys. I figured out it was the TWAIN compliant thing. While the epson drivers would not communicate, the quick silver? software they sent along is flawless. I will be posting some scans soon of work I did to verify the used light meter, the used lens, the used fuji back ..... you get the idea.

Thanks again everyone!!!

photobymike
31-Jul-2011, 19:00
I gave up on windows 7 and scanning. I could not scan more than 4800 on a 35mm slide.
I got a used power mac 2.3 dual PPC with 4 gigs ram, running leopard 10.5.8.. i paid 200 for the setup on ebay. it runs my v750 epson scanner only. i now scan 12 slides at 12,800 about 200 mega pixels in digital camera terms.... approximately 100 megs per image. Then export down to 20 meg file size. I always use the Digital Ice on the color to help with the spots..... Most people when they buy a computer they want it compatible with everything they do.... why not a separate tool (computer) for a specialized job. Why do you want one appliance to do all of your computer work? As it turns out the Mac is better and faster than my Sony i5 intel at a lot of things like typing here, and i am scanning at the same time.

http://www.mikepic.com