PDA

View Full Version : Found a nice little fuji instant film trick

atlcruiser
5-Jul-2011, 06:22
So I spent the weekend shooting the fuji fp-100c45. Neat stuff. The issue was what to do with the wet negative and print so I could avoid holding them for the 5-10 min it takes for them to dry off.

Eureka!
I got some wax paper! The negatives can be slapped onto it fully wet and the prints should be allowed to dry a few minutes so they are only slightly tacky then they can also be stuck onto the wax paper. If the print is too tacky some of the wax will sort of indent or stick to the print but I dont see any issues from that scanning them. I also tried a bit of warm water on a q tip to remove some more severe residue and it worked well.

I stuck the negs/prints with the wax paper into a notebook until i returned to the hotel.

you cannot dunk the entire print in warm water...bad accident!

vinny
5-Jul-2011, 06:35
I tried the wax paper trick in the past and it didn't work. Maybe the brand I was using didn't work.

atlcruiser
5-Jul-2011, 06:41
I tried the wax paper trick in the past and it didn't work. Maybe the brand I was using didn't work.

what did not work for you? I had zero issue with the negs and only issues with the prints if they were very wet.

FWIIW I used walgreens store brand...$2.29 got me enough wax paper to last 2 lifetimes :)

vinny
5-Jul-2011, 07:06
the prints stuck to the wax paper.

patrickjames
5-Jul-2011, 14:02
I put them in a Moleskin notebook. Never had any sticking problems and it keeps them clean.

atlcruiser
5-Jul-2011, 14:06
i tried the moleskin as well. it would work OK if the prints were almost dry but the negs stuck badly. I could wash the paper off of the negs but it was a PITA