PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for v750 owners

Uri A
4-Jul-2011, 21:02
Hi all,

I just received my v750.

The manual mentions a "film area guide" for 8x10. I do not appear to have this piece! I have holders for 35, MF, 4x5 and slides, plus a fluid mount thing (2 parts).

Was this in the box for you guys??

Marty Knapp
4-Jul-2011, 22:50
Yes, mine had this guide. It's a very flimsy mask, easy to miss even if it was in your package. I didn't see mine at first, but as I was putting my neg holders away, I saw it. Nearly through it away by accident!

mdm
4-Jul-2011, 23:05
I missed it too. Its in there somewhere.

Uri A
4-Jul-2011, 23:12
Son of a b&$#@!!

Looks like I've thrown mine out!!!

The neg holders were wrapped to a piece of the styrofoam. Anyone remember how and where in the box the guide was shipped?

I feel a class action coming on people!

pinup tragic
5-Jul-2011, 00:21
I have a lowly V700 ;) and frantically went looking for this piece of plastic about a month after i got it - err, it's not included with the V700 :)

mdm
5-Jul-2011, 00:31
I also have a v700. Here it is, with one side out of the scanfield, it was taped to the back of the 35mm film holder sandwich . Never used mine.

pinup tragic
5-Jul-2011, 01:01
Looks like mine went out with the rubbish - bugger!
I have a better scanning medium format holder with ANR glass insert and have used the film area guide setting with the ANR glass with some success - so maybe not such a big loss.

Ken Lee
5-Jul-2011, 04:28
I thought mine was missing too, until I checked all the other holders and packaging.

vinny
5-Jul-2011, 05:24
That thing is a joke, but it does allow you to scan the entire (almost) transparency area. Could they have made it any flimsier?

Brian Ellis
5-Jul-2011, 06:31
Sounds like the same thing that came with my 4990. If so it's unnecessary, I scanned plenty of 8x10 film without ever using it. I could see where the film goes just by looking at the glass.

vinny
5-Jul-2011, 06:36
Sounds like the same thing that came with my 4990. If so it's unnecessary, I scanned plenty of 8x10 film without ever using it. I could see where the film goes just by looking at the glass.

It's necessary as the scanner reads the notch at the top to tell it you're using the entire area.

Nathan Potter
5-Jul-2011, 08:43
I have found it is necessary on a V750; I assume because as vinny says the scanner needs to read the top notch.

Brian what settings allow you to scan on the unmasked platen? Or perhaps the 4990 is different from the V750?

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Brian Ellis
5-Jul-2011, 20:07
I have found it is necessary on a V750; I assume because as vinny says the scanner needs to read the top notch.

Brian what settings allow you to scan on the unmasked platen? Or perhaps the 4990 is different from the V750?

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Based on what Vinny said above, apparently the 4990 is different from the V700 in this respect. I never had any problem scanning the entire negative without putting the guide on the scanner.

Greg Blank
10-Jul-2011, 17:44
You know that inline Image you just posted, when it expands after clicking, the first thing you see is advertising content. It is kind of annoying on this forum.

[QUOTE=pinup tragic;749269]Tried out the better scanning medium format holder on some ebay wins , i had not used it for a while - off we go and the preview scan took 8 minutes :confused: and the result was a large dark scanned area.
I had the holder finger lugs at the top instead of the bottom :)

Professional
15-Jul-2011, 10:50
Lucky you, my V750 because it is not US model it came with everything except that fluid accessory, where i can find that accessory to buy?
I saw that 8x10 film holder with the other film holders, i didn't use it yet because no 8x10, can you send me one sheet exposed of 8x10 with a photo on it? hehehe

Uri A
20-Jul-2011, 16:17
HUMBLE PIE NOTICE: I found the mask ... it is sandwiched between the MF holder and the styrofoam (invisible unless you unwrap it). As I had no intention of scanning MF I wanted to keep the pack sealed and dust free :p