PDA

View Full Version : Grayflex bello style camera

cefpic
4-Jul-2011, 11:36
I am looking at a Grayflex bello style camera that has a tripod and can't find much information on it. It says on a plate - Sliding carrige for Century, Master Studio Camera, Rochester NY. I will upload a picture as soon as I can. Does anyone know about these?

It looks to be made around 1920 or so of beautiful oak I believe.

Jim Noel
4-Jul-2011, 15:08
What you are looking for is a Graflex Century Studio camera, 8x10.
Made around 1900. It was a favorite of Edward Weston. I have owned two of them. They have unbelievable movements including rear rise. Weight is about 12 bounds.
If you have the sliding back it is an accessory which enables two images on a single sheet of film.

Louis Pacilla
12-Aug-2011, 09:12
I am looking at a Grayflex bello style camera that has a tripod and can't find much information on it. It says on a plate - Sliding carrige for Century, Master Studio Camera, Rochester NY. I will upload a picture as soon as I can. Does anyone know about these?

It looks to be made around 1920 or so of beautiful oak I believe.

Is this the camera your asking about? If it is the same then here's your answer.

The Century Master was the last version of the long lived Century Studio Cameras. The Century Master had improvements and most were on the Master camera Stand. The camera attaches to the platform( the only Century studio to do this). The tilt has a much greater range , stronger thicker metal work & Film holder basket under the camera platform.

I will probably keep Master Studio Camera after the others I own are long gone.

Greg Lockrey
12-Aug-2011, 09:34
Touch my eyes!!! :cool: