PDA

View Full Version : From land of searing sun --Arizona

jayabbas
3-Jul-2011, 22:37
Hi My name is Jay and have been at this since 1980. At one time was lead printer at Phx Color Systems-- ah the good old days of internegs and composite dupe chromes and all kinds of "before computer" silver halide projects. Now am still analog as I have all the production equipment Omega enlarger, Lucht Step 1 package printer, Lucht VP2 package printer, Durst ACS 512s printer, Durst 501 printer, Hope 32 inch paper processor, Sitte minimat dip and dunk . Sinar norma is the camera in 45 and 57. Sometimes it is hard to remain a diehard old school analog freak but I love the skillset that never ceases to amaze -- computers are way cool but .... snoozefest . This place looks to be fun and stimulating.

mdm
3-Jul-2011, 23:56
Welcome to the asylum Jay.

Wayne Crider
4-Jul-2011, 06:23
Welcome aboard. If you've been shadowing the forum you'll know by now that there are quite a few members out there. Are you doing more color work or mainly b&w?

SW Rick
4-Jul-2011, 08:14
Hello, Jay, and welcome! Gonna' be 10 degrees cooler today :)

Sounds like you are ready to take over for Colormark :)

Rick

jayabbas
4-Jul-2011, 08:40
Thanks Rick, Colormark closing was a stinger as I had them do my color film processing. Thought they could make it as they been around a long time. How does Tempe Camera do on the darkside of things?

SW Rick
4-Jul-2011, 08:55
I've been pleased with the work they've done for me recently, since I switched back (I had left because of Rod being at Photo/Colormark). The film has been very clean and well-done. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully, they will benefit from being the "last man standing". I too had thought Photomark would survive, but not to be.

Brian C. Miller
4-Jul-2011, 09:11
Welcome to the nut house!

There are a number of low-volume, high-quality labs that are one-man shops. Are you considering doing something like that?

jayabbas
4-Jul-2011, 09:40
Welcome to the nut house!

There are a number of low-volume, high-quality labs that are one-man shops. Are you considering doing something like that?

Hi, Thinking about it; thought about it; still thinking but after running labs I always liked the challenges, just not so much some of the memories of bad customers/consumers. Pro's were a delight to work with as they knew the limitations and capabilities of the craft. So in a nutshell; internal debate is ongoing on the issue. How are you faring as to wet labs in your area?

Richard M. Coda
4-Jul-2011, 10:21
Welcome from Scottsdale, Jay!

Mark Sawyer
4-Jul-2011, 11:16
And from Tucson! Welcome!

jayabbas
4-Jul-2011, 11:42
And from Tucson! Welcome!

Thanks and I sure miss Mt Lemmon about this time of sizzle. Climbed many a route on that fine sky island and enjoyed the scenery as well.

Vick Vickery
5-Jul-2011, 16:29
Welcome to group therapy! Have fun with your Norma!

Sirius Glass
10-Jul-2011, 10:44
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum.

Steve

Hector.Navarro
10-Jul-2011, 11:30
Welcome from Hermosillo, Sonora.

Jim Andrada
20-Aug-2011, 16:20
+ 1 from Tucson