PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas... LF stores??? film available???

David Richhart
30-Sep-2001, 12:23
With a trip to Las Vegas possible this winter, I am wondering if there are any " good" camera stores to be found. Is 8x10 film simple to purchase in the city, or must I carry enough with me? Thanks for the help> -Dave

Kevin Kemner
30-Sep-2001, 13:56
Dave,

There's one decent camera store but they usually don't have much 8x10 film in stock. Normally I have to request it. So bring what you need. What type of shooting will you be doing?

Bob Salomon
30-Sep-2001, 15:57
Sahara Camera, Casey's Camera (a large format speciialist) and Lambs. are in Las Vegas

Bill Glickman
30-Sep-2001, 16:29
The largest supplier of film is Nevada Merchandising, located adjacent to Allens Photo Lab. A good lab also, they process all sizes of LF film, the only one in Vegas I found....they are directly behind the Mirage hotel on Industrial Blvd. However, they rarely carry any 8x10 film but do stock most popular 4x5. If your concern is airports damaging your film, just order it in advance and they will have it ready for you. Or if you want to save $$ order from B&H and have it shipped to your hotel! If you need help planning your trip, contact me off list, I would be glad to help.

David Richhart
1-Oct-2001, 22:21
Thanks for the info guys... I'm not yet sure I can work out a trip, but I would love to visit again. It offers so many wonderful day trips for LF photography. - Dave