PDA

View Full Version : D-76 1:1 in 31/2 gallon tank with replenisher D-76R workable??

Jeff Liao
26-Sep-2001, 00:07
Deos D-76 1:1 in 31/2 gallon tank with replenisher D-76R workable? Kodak only suggest D-76R work with D-76 stock

if it is workable, what should i watch? how many sheet of 8x10 i can develop with D-76 1:1 with D-76R? how much D-76R need to add per 8x10 sheet?

thanks

Walter Glover
26-Sep-2001, 09:32
Jeff,

Nice idea ... but!

Replenisher can only successfully be used with UNDILUTED developer. Kodak's website has D-76 data sheet info that will state the capacity of the developer.

Sorry to disappoint, but to the best of my knowledge "them's the facts."

WG

Scott Walton
26-Sep-2001, 10:57
It's fine but by using Replenisher you will find that you will slowly build up contrast. I used to use it with a Hostert (22 gallon tank) and always did control strips to monitor. You will be better off using HC110 and replenisher for more controllable, longer lasting results in my findings.

kthompson
26-Sep-2001, 13:20
Kodak has modified the replenishment routine for D76 now...they have specs on their website, but they no longer recommend D76R alone, they now use a modified D76R...for straight working D76.

Sorry I can't offer more help, we switched our tank over to TMAX RS replenished several years ago, after using D76. I really prefer the RS to the D76, because it's easier to maintain in a working tank, and seems to be a cleaner developer as well (just my opinion here). I've also had some luck with XTOL straight in a tank, replenished as well.

I've never used any of the Sprint film developers, but I think their liquid developer is based off D76 1:1, and it can be replenished by another dilution of the stock solution as well. So, that may be a good route to go if you want to experiment. Another good thing going for it, or TMAX RS, or HC110...is that they're all liquid---easier to mix up.