PDA

View Full Version : FUJI FP-110C45 questions

atlcruiser
27-Jun-2011, 18:04
I managed to get a holder; I actually now have 2 :)

FIlm is on the way from B+H.

I have never used one of these and I have dim memories of beign a little kid on holidays with that polaroid smell heavy in the room......

The holder is easy..I got the manual on line

Questions:
1. Once I take the shot and pull the film it is developing right? I read all about temps and times and to wait to develop unitl you are in the correct temps if possible. What does one do? I will be outside in the heat. Maybe reduce the time a bit? I assume the fuji film will have some data on this issue when it arrives.

2. Once the shot is developed you peel it apart and get to see it. Great; then what? How long do I need to let it dry? Can I refold the sheets over the image for storage and transport? I want to keep the negative as well as the positive. What is a good way to store/transport the shots after they are exposed and developed?

3. Color correction and color temp filters. In general do they have the same effect on the fuji as they do on clr neg film? I assume they would.

Thanks all

david

Ari
27-Jun-2011, 18:18
1. Yes. See the back of the film for development times at different temperatures. Should be pretty fast in the summer. The good thing is, you can't really overdevelop these, so if you pull the film, and play "Thick As A Brick" on your portable computron, it'll still be ready when you've sated your listening enjoyment.

2. Let it dry until the surface is no longer tacky, 30 minutes or so. If you plan on doing nothing with the negative (the chemical part), throw it out right away. Do not let the chemical part touch the dry(ing) print. If you want to do something with the negative, google it; there's tons of information on how to treat Fuji negs. I don't know much about storage, I usually throw them out after a while, but I'm sure a PrintFile-type of acetate would do the trick.

3. Yes. They are, after all, intended as a preview of what you're about to shoot. I've found Fujiroids to be quite accurate and they behave much like film. Once you get the hang of it, you can adjust your Fujis to be in sync with your colour negs or transparencies and/or processing.

Have fun.

Frank Petronio
27-Jun-2011, 18:23
The Fuji stuff is better and more consistent than the old Polaroid. Instant film is useful and fun but to Hell with old Polaroid and especially the Impossible Project films - stick with fresh Fuji and it will simply ~work~.

Make sure the metal rollers in the back are clean and free-spinning. The stupid little springs and clamps in the holders sometimes break and unscrupulous sellers (i.e. burnt out photographers) will sell them broken, so in spite of having two backs.... test and verify!

onnect17
27-Jun-2011, 19:11
David,
Read Ari and Frank posts more than once. Keep the rollers clean and the holder will last you forever.
BTW, I still have a few boxes of FP100C45 (expired 2007) in great shape I can sell you for $10 each + shipping if you are interested.
Armando

Revolucion Artistico
27-Jun-2011, 23:45
Armando,

If David doesn't take you up on that offer I'll take them off your hands.

Ryan

Ari
28-Jun-2011, 03:19
Armando,
If neither David nor Ryan buy your Fujiroid, I'll take it :)

atlcruiser
28-Jun-2011, 06:50
Thanks Armando!

I just got 11 boxes from him! I figure at the end of the 15 boxes of fuji I will soon have i will either be an expert or be kicked out onto the street by my GF.....

Here is the killer, I just bought a small freezer to store my film in and my LF wont all fit in the new freezer............now 11 more boxes...... :(

atlcruiser
28-Jun-2011, 06:53
I have done some reading and searching but still a lingering question:

I take the shot and develope it. I seperate the print form the neg and let both dry. Once dry can I refold it all back for temporary storage till I get home? If not, can I remove the print and store it in a plastic file o fax sort of thimg an do the same with the neg?

I will be on foot in Chicago next weekend and need to figure out this process

thanks

Frank Petronio
28-Jun-2011, 07:08
Geezum spend time with Michael and Paula and then you get a freezer because they might stop making film later this afternoon.... Got the two year supply of canned peaches in the Fall Out Shelter ready too?

Ari
28-Jun-2011, 07:23
Do not fold it back; once separated, keep them apart.
Make sure they dry.
Store them as you wish after they dry.

Brian C. Miller
28-Jun-2011, 07:48
Here is the killer, I just bought a small freezer to store my film in and my LF wont all fit in the new freezer............now 11 more boxes...... :(

Wait! Don't freeze instant film! The chemicals in the packs will rupture them, and then they'll be useless. Refrigerate only.

atlcruiser
28-Jun-2011, 07:51
Geezum spend time with Michael and Paula and then you get a freezer because they might stop making film later this afternoon.... Got the two year supply of canned peaches in the Fall Out Shelter ready too?

The end of the world might soon be upon us and I will have the final stash of film......I will admit M+P have a LOT of film....Enough to last a few lifetimes :)

atlcruiser
28-Jun-2011, 07:51
Wait! Don't freeze instant film! The chemicals in the packs will rupture them, and then they'll be useless. Refrigerate only.

thanks for the reminder....that would have sucked

jp
28-Jun-2011, 07:53
I was thinking fresh fujiroid wasn't to be frozen because it has liquid inside.

The print dries in a minute or two. The negative takes longer because it's holding more of the chemistry. You can remove the negative from the pull-paper in the field and dispose of the paper. I'd suggest a ziplock bag or a box with slots in it if you are really particular about keeping negatives clean and separated. Once home, ice cold water and some gloved manipulation removes the caustic chemical dried on. Do some searching for options for removing the black from the backside of the negatives.

atlcruiser
28-Jun-2011, 08:03
thanks JP....

"gloved manipulation" where is Frank when you need hm :)

onnect17
29-Jun-2011, 11:18
David,
As Brian mentioned keep the film in the fridge, not the freezer, in horizontal position if stored for months or years. Also high temps (like in the car or the beach) will get all the chemicals out the bags.
Use the pack within a week because it's easy to forget and if the chemicals harden can break the holder trying to pull it through the rollers.
I have a little "tape thermometer" (used for fish tanks) attached to the pack holder. Quite handy.