PDA

View Full Version : Large Format GTG in TEXAS

henrysamson
27-Jun-2011, 08:09
Two or three LF photographers are getting together on Saturday 7/2/2011 in Anderson, TX. Please feel free to join us we will be meeting at 8:00AM at the Fanthorp Inn State Historic Park. Anderson is a small Texas town with lots to photograph. There is the Fanthorp which is and old restored stage coach inn, a small courthouse in the center of town, some log cabins and the infamous Edsel graveyard. All within easy walking distance. We are starting early to beat the heat.

Here is a 5x7 I posted last year from the Inn:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34726&d=1261356416

I'll planning on bringing an 8x10 this time.

Henry

Heespharm
27-Jun-2011, 11:25
Hrm that sound great... May show up

David Lobato
27-Jun-2011, 17:01
The shortest route from my home goes through Plantersville. Does anyone know if any roads are closed in that area from the recent fires?

henrysamson
29-Jun-2011, 08:54
The shortest route from my home goes through Plantersville. Does anyone know if any roads are closed in that area from the recent fires?

From what I have read in the papers the entire area is open now. All of the evacuation orders have been canceled and the fires are out.

Valerie
30-Jun-2011, 06:21
Roads are open..... my daughter drove thru there a few days ago.

wclavey
5-Jul-2011, 20:00
We had a great time on Saturday morning... while I had been to Anderson many times, I had never shot at the Fanthorp Inn. We all agree that it warrants at least another visit - - perhaps when it is a bit cooler. My film goes off to the lab tomorrow.