PDA

View Full Version : 12.5 cm 125mm f2 XENON SCHNEIDER GOTTINGEN

bwrightphoto
24-Jun-2011, 01:39
I am interested to find out what camera(s) anyone has shot the xenon on? I am planning on purchasing one and adapting it onto a rollei sl66 which has a lens mount opening of 76mm and a distance from the mount to the film plane of 103mm and am trying to figure out if it is possible to fit it on/in it. Any input/experience would be much appreciated. If it is not possible to fit it on I would also be interested in mounting on a camera and shooting some 3.25 x 4.25 fuji fp-3000b with it.

Kaden Kratzer
10-Sep-2011, 21:59
I have one and it covers 4x5 easily. The lens actually cover up to 6x6. I have used it also with a 5x7 camera. Hope this helps.

bwrightphoto
10-Sep-2011, 22:12
We have one now and it barely covers 3x4 focussed at infinity. I'd like to know how you got yours to cove 5x7 in.

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
10-Sep-2011, 22:19
My experience is that the 12.5cm f2 Xenon barely covers 3.25 x 4.25". This is the format I use it with. I use it on a 5x7 (Canham) camera with a reducing back. I would think it would be a fun lens with the Fuji instant film. While I can't say if it would work (mechanically) with your Rollie, it would certainly cover the format. Of the three samples I have tried two were pretty sharp although with a tendency to flare. The other had internal haze, and was a doorstop. These were aerial lenses, and many were abused, so be careful when you purchase, make sure you have the right to return. I have seen versions of this lens reworked/coated by Burke and James and fit into a shutter, named the 5" f2 Carl Meyer Speed-Anastigmat. I would think this lens would really benefit from the coating, so perhaps the B&J version may be worth seeking out.

Miguel Coquis
11-Sep-2011, 03:59
I am interested to find out what camera(s) anyone has shot the xenon on? I am planning on purchasing one and adapting it onto a rollei sl66 which has a lens mount opening of 76mm and a distance from the mount to the film plane of 103mm and am trying to figure out if it is possible to fit it on/in it. Any input/experience would be much appreciated. If it is not possible to fit it on I would also be interested in mounting on a camera and shooting some 3.25 x 4.25 fuji fp-3000b with it.

The one I use to work with, was really clean and sharp. It was mounted on a 3x4 speed graphic and both, camera and lens matched very well. 4x5" was nice for portrait distances. Hope that last owner (LFF member) have enjoy it as well....;)

http://macoquis.caraldi.com/scaled/Borrador%20Muestra%2003:2012/Coleccion/Goats.jpg
GOATS

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
11-Sep-2011, 08:26
Don't be snide Miguel, none of the three Xenon lenses I owned was from you. I still have the car part, if you would like it back.