PDA

View Full Version : Rodinal question

Noah B
19-Jun-2011, 08:24
I'm thinking about trying out some adonal developer for my 8x10 film since I've heard good things about rodinal. How would you go about doing stand development for the negatives? Could you stack the film on top of each other or have to get a large tray and put only a few negatives in.

cdholden
19-Jun-2011, 08:55
Stand development is best done with hangers in the larger tanks. 1 and 3.5 gallon tanks are common. Hangers in 4x5/5x7/8x10 are frequently seen on Ebay.
If working in trays, try to keep from them stacking on top of each other.

Lynn Jones
21-Jun-2011, 16:09
I'm thinking about trying out some adonal developer for my 8x10 film since I've heard good things about rodinal. How would you go about doing stand development for the negatives? Could you stack the film on top of each other or have to get a large tray and put only a few negatives in.

Hi Noah,

This type developer works best with high resolution dilms of 100 speed or less with such films as TMX Efke, Rollei, etc. Please don't use stand development, it causes many problems such as bromide drag and worse. Use film hangers and use the agitation technique shown in Fuji films. In my experience, drum processing with drivers that go both directions also works extremely well except for rare instances for certain exotic develpers.

Lynn