PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing directly from Arca Swiss in Europe?

l2oBiN
17-Jun-2011, 11:08
Does anyone know the exact location of arca swiss in France? The address below does not get picked up by Google maps. Also can gear be purchased directly from them? Do they have a retail outlet? Has anyone purchased gear directly from arca? is this the cheapest way?

ARCA-SWISS International S.A.R.L. 29, quartier de l'europe, Espace Valentin, FR -25048 Besanon.

John Schneider
17-Jun-2011, 11:17
This was kindly given to me by Emmanuel Bigler, whom I believe is the Arca rep for France:

ARCA - SWISS International
29, Quartier de l' Europe, Espace Valentin,
F-25048 Besançon (France)
Phone : (+33) 3 81 85 40 60
Fax : (+33) 3 81 85 40 69

Frank Petronio
17-Jun-2011, 11:22
You don't want to pay for your domestic distributors' marketing, service, and support!?

Wait... it's Arca. That means there isn't any. Better to buy used and deprive them of any profit.

l2oBiN
17-Jun-2011, 11:24
This was kindly given to me by Emmanuel Bigler, whom I believe is the Arca rep for France:

ARCA - SWISS International
29, Quartier de l' Europe, Espace Valentin,
F-25048 Besançon (France)
Phone : (+33) 3 81 85 40 60
Fax : (+33) 3 81 85 40 69

Thank you, but for some reason I cannot get this to locate on google maps? Has anyone else tried?

l2oBiN
17-Jun-2011, 11:26
You don't want to pay for your domestic distributors' marketing, service, and support!?

Wait... it's Arca. That means there isn't any. Better to buy used and deprive them of any profit.

Frank,

I will be travelling in France,and I thought it might be worthwhile going directly to the source for the purchase. Is this possible? is it cheaper? Do they have a retail outlet there?

Sevo
17-Jun-2011, 11:32
You lost a letter - search for Besançon or at least Besancon. They have representatives in most major markets - I do not know whether they'd sell directly elsewhere...

SW Rick
17-Jun-2011, 11:34

Frank,

Rod Klukas, in Phoenix, is their USA rep. I think he is known to many of the members here.

Rick

Frank Petronio
17-Jun-2011, 11:44
Their dealers would get awfully mad at them if they sold them cheaper directly. Especially since their dealers pay for that marketing, service, and support out of their own pockets. You might show up and make a deal, but it would be on the sly, like showing up at Apple in Cupertino and buying an iMac from the janitor.

Everything I've heard about Rod is that he's a great person to deal with and knows the line cold. Likewise precisioncameraworks.com - Bob Watson - provides great service. I'm only snarky about the company itself, based on my professional experiences, but the cameras themselves are awesome.

John Schneider
17-Jun-2011, 11:56
Rod knows Arca like Bob S. knows Linhof, and I mean that in the best possible way. I should know, I've given him many $1000s of my money :eek:

l2oBiN
17-Jun-2011, 12:23
Anyone know of a good service/price retailer in europe?

Rod Klukas
17-Jun-2011, 16:06
Members,
I thank you for your kind words. I do try to support customers of Arca-Swiss and LF in general as much as possible. I shoot the cameras and use the equipment. I also teach photography at a community college here. Should you have any concerns or need support on Arca-swiss products please do not hesitate to email or call me.
Rod PS I have seen the buildings with Google maps in the past.

Dan Fromm
17-Jun-2011, 19:55
http://www.magasin-arca-swiss.com/

RJC
18-Jun-2011, 04:01
Thank you, but for some reason I cannot get this to locate on google maps? Has anyone else tried?

maps.google.fr finds Besançon just fine, not far from Dijon. And putting 'Besançon, France' into 'maps.google.co.uk' comes up with the location, no problem.

Rob

Justin Cormack
18-Jun-2011, 04:21
Anyone know of a good service/price retailer in europe?

Robert White have always been good for getting the Arca Swiss stuff, if it is not in stock they will order it, although it takes some time as Arca Swiss are not quick...

Emmanuel BIGLER
18-Jun-2011, 07:22
whom I believe is the Arca rep for France:

Hello from Besançon, France

Please note that I am not affiliated whatsoever with Arca Swiss.
I am simply a happy customer and I live 5 minutes drive from the EU office of Arca Swiss, located 10 minutes drive from downtown Besançon.

The company has an office in Switzerland, in Horgen, near Zurich and another office in the United States.
Plus Rod Klukas as a permanent rep & staff member in the USA.

Arca Swiss is a family-owned business and they work with several retail stores, either street-stores or web stores. All over the world, except may be Antartica.
The best is to place directly a phone call to Arca Swiss at the phone number above, and explain them that you are looking for a retail store somewhere.
Ask for somebody speaking English (Martin Vogt does speak English, German, and French fluentlty, but being the boss, he may have many other things to do when he is on duty)

Dominique Cesari
18-Jun-2011, 08:52
For some weird logic :confused: , the postal address is in Besançon (the wide town) but the geographic settlement does is in Ecole-Valentin, which is close to Besançon.

You may use Mappy : http://fr.mappy.com/ and ask for " quartier de l'Europe Ecole-Valentin "

In Google Earth, stitch 47.27899328584456 , 5.992059087354535
( longitude 5.992059087354535 latitude 47.27899328584456 )
Arca-Swiss had been labelled

tom thomas
26-Jun-2011, 14:11
I used Google Earth to Besancon, Doub, France and ARCA Swiss at this address is highlighted. Ecole Valentin is kinda a suburb on the northern edge of Besancon. Spell with a c-cedille, I'm too lazy to look up the ASCII code for the letter.

Arca Swiss
29 Rue de Châtillon, 25480 Ecole Valentin, France
Tel: +33 3 81 85 40 60

Tom

tom thomas
26-Jun-2011, 14:16
There is a US website superimposed over the Arca Swiss address I just found. It's www.precisioncameraworks.com.