PDA

View Full Version : 11x14 tanks and hangers...

Jason M Wallce
8-Oct-2001, 09:50
Hello again folks...

Though I have been getting good results using trays to process my 11x14 films, I wonder if tanks and hangers exist for this format... Cesco-lite does no t make them as far as I can tell. Has anybody heard of such a thing? Why would I want to do this? For the look of a negative processed in replenished developer, which I like.

Thanks, JAsOn

Bill Jefferson
8-Oct-2001, 13:12
Hi Jason,

Look at USplastics.com, they can build tanks to order, or there circuit board etching tanks might be big enough for you.

Bill

Carl Weese
9-Oct-2001, 14:29
If you like the look of a replenished developer (I don't know what that look is) just stay with the trays but replenish the developer. TMax RS works just fine poured from bottle to tray, returned to bottle and replenished. Other replenish formulas should too.---C

kthompson
9-Oct-2001, 15:26
Most tanklines are sorta built around holding 8x10 hangers as the max. size....a tank & hanger that's 11x14 would probably be a large d&d processor. Even if you found a tank, the hanger would probably be a custom job as well....if you really wanted to pay someone to fabricate it, try California Stainless, Hewes (UK), Regal, Leedal, or a similar company. It's going to be really expensive though, I know what our sorta custom tanks cost.....you could probably buy a decent car for what a 11x14 tankline will wind up costing. Not to mention what it will physically take to use them as a handline. BTW, TMAX RS is a great replenished developer, XTOL works good for some films too.