PDA

View Full Version : (sort of) new to LF and thinking about lenses

p-trick
12-Jun-2011, 05:04
I REPOSTED THIS MESSAGE IN THE "LENSES SUB-FORUM", where is belongs

I'm new to LF in the sense that I may be buying a Linhof Technica III (I know about the lack of interchangeability with later models, and don't mind for now).

I'm not entirely new to LF: I learned using view camera's many years ago with the Sinar F and X, but never owned one of these.

Basically, if I "win" the auction for the Technika III, my plan is to first see which lens-plate's I can get, and then look for lenses that will fit in.

So now for the questions:

(1) Any thoughts on getting lensboards from skgrimes (http://www.skgrimes.com/lensboards/index.htm)?
(2) Suggestions for a first lens? (on smaller formats, I'm a standard to semi-wide adept, so I'd first look into the 100-150 area)
(3) Any other thoughts and suggestions?

And for the background: my main aim is to get my LF skills back where they where 10+ years ago, and have some fun. My budget matches these limited ambitions.
For now, I'm not equipped to enlarge 4x5 negatives and will contact-print for black and white, and perhaps also try out a bit of colour (there's a good traditional colour-lab in Brussels where they develop C41 in-house and still print with the enlarger).
Preferred subjects: city/land-scape and perhaps also a bit of portrait.