PDA

View Full Version : Help. Which Linhof Do I have???

tonyski
11-Jun-2011, 16:10
Greetings all. It is always a pleasure to find forums like this where everyone seems so helpful to newbies like me.

I have been asked to help and older gentleman sell a Linhof Technika 4X5 camera on ebay.

I've spend some time on the internet looking for the info I need but my lack of knowledge of these cameras makes it pretty confusing.

I would like to be as accurate as possible in my description of the camera so I need help from the forum.

I'll try and post a picture or two, but here goes with my description

When you open the front of the camera, is says "Linhof Technika in raised silver letters on a black background.

It has a Schneider-Kreuznach TECHNIKA Symmar 1:5,6/135 lens with a serial number 9515730

The body of the camera is mostly beige.

On the top of the body are the letters "D.B.P. on the left and "West-Germany" on the right.

There is a number which I believe to be the serial number engraved in the cold shoe. It is "2113256"

A panel on the back opens to reveal a glass focusing screen. The back of the camera extends via bellows and rails to allow for more tilting

Overall condition is probably a 7-8 out of 10. A thouough cleaning would be welcome.

Any help identifying this camera, determining it's value, and finding a reprint of the owner's manual would really be appreciated.

All the best,

Tony

Frank Petronio
11-Jun-2011, 16:53
It's a Linhof Technika V set-up appropriately for it's era (1960s) and looking like a good user with a lot of value and life left. Usually the only real age-related problems with these is old-gummy grease and the bellows can dry out and the seams start to come apart. The lens's shutter can get gummed up and the glass can develop haze or fungus. The rangefinder can dim and sometimes the cam for the lens is missing ( I don't see it). A trip to the American Linhof service center, call Marflex, is the easy fix.

Martin Arndt of Marflex Service, 117 Anchorage Rd., Havelock, NC 28523 phone (252) 652-4401.

But first do a flashlight test in a dark room, looking through the rear of the camera with the ground glass removed, shine a high intensity flashlight around the bellows, especially at the corners and seams. That will tell you if any pinholes or tears have formed.

Try cocking and firing the shutter. One second should sound like one second and the speeds should decrease proportionately as you cycle through them.

Look at the aperture blades on the lens and see if they are clean and dry or oily (which makes them stick).

Check the rangefinder and whether there is a matching cam for the lens. The rangefinder should show two images that come together as the camera is focused.

Price with the lens and grip as shown, in good user condition? Around $1200 to $1800 depending.... But in the worst case (and mostly likely) the RF will be dim, the shutter gummy, the bellows leaky... which is approximately $500 worth of work at Marflex and you can price accordingly.

This page has a lot of Linhof info too: http://www.cameraquest.com/techs.htm

You can sell on this forum after you have been a member for 30 days. Or take your chances on eBay, since the dollar is low and foreign buyers are buying things up lately.

Also you are lucky because the American Linhof distributor, Bob Salomon, is an active, helpful participant, who should chime in and correct my errors shortly ;-)

stephen.taylor
11-Jun-2011, 16:55
You have a Super Technika V. with the plastic crank on the front element it makes it a pretty early one. I don't see a cam in the camera bed so rangefinder focuing with the camera would not be possible until it had one. Looks to be in pretty good shape. With the lens I would guess that it should go for around $2000 bucks, but you know how ebay is. I have a V that I paid $1500 for without a lens but with a new bellows. Good luck with it all.

tonyski
12-Jun-2011, 03:44
Well thanks for the amazingly fast replies.

I thought that the cam for this lens was installed but clearly not.

I do have it along with another lens a GRAFKEX TELE-OPTAR f/f.6 No G18909 25cm. (10") mounted on a Technika Lens board and the cam for it. There is also a range scale and two rail stops for it.

Could someone shed some light on how to install the cam? Seems like interlocking the matching grooves and sliding it on the post is the answer but it is a very tight fit and I don't want to force it.

Can the camera be closed with the cam installed?

Any thoughts on access to an owner's manual.

Thanks again.

Also a cam for a 90mm lens that I do not have.

Frank Petronio
12-Jun-2011, 06:26
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/linhof/tech-manual.html

It's right on this website. Use Google, there is a lot more online.

The differences between the IV and V are mainly the front rise switched to a ratcheting lever on V. Oftentimes the teeth are stripped from forcing it so don't stress it -- you rotate the plastic tip 180 to set it to go up or down. It's a strange design... Marflex can update this with a new metal-tipped lever.

I can't tell whether you have a cam for the 150 installed or not, it would be easier to show someone in person how to install it -- look around online and there are photos that explain how. Google is your friend, search "install cam, Linhof Technika". Note that IV cams are different than later V cams.

If you do not have the cam and want to use the lens with the rangefinder as it was meant to be, you can have Marflex cut and calibrate a new cam for about $350. Or you can take a chance on buying a used cam on eBay for $25 or so, although chances are that it will not work perfectly. Since few people actually use the camera handheld with rangefinder -- most tripod mount it and focus with a loupe on the ground glass -- it is not required to have any of your lenses cammed -- it is nice though!

And yes you can close it with a cam in place.

Brian Ellis
12-Jun-2011, 08:08
I know Frank knows a lot about Technikas, probably more than I do. But just to confuse things a little, I would have guessed that you have a late Technika IV rather than a V. I would have said IV because of the color of the leatherette - IVs were usually beige like this one, Vs were usually gray. Although the leatherette can be replaced, it would be unusual for an owner to put an older color on a newer camera. While the front rise lever is usually an indication of a V, I seem to recall that Linhof actually started putting the lever on the front with the late IVs and this is an early design of the lever, later ones looked much different (my memory could be wrong on this and if I am then it's got to be a V because of the front rise lever).

However, I don't mean to muddy the waters and it's easy enough to know for 100% certain exactly what you have, just provide the serial number to Bob Solomon of HP Marketing, the U.S. distributor for Linhof. Bob usually responds to these kinds of inquiries here but if he doesn't just give him a call or send him an email.

Frank Petronio
12-Jun-2011, 08:43
Eh you know a lot too Brian. All I know is that the beige covering they used to use looks pretty darn ugly so if you can obtain a new black or grey covering from the OEM or cameraleather (slow service...) you can make it look a lot nicer!

What were they thinking back in the 50s that they did their cameras in beige and cream? Bizarre Germans....

Ari
12-Jun-2011, 08:57
Post your camera's serial number here:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9975&page=71

and Bob will get back to you with model and year of manufacture.

Bob Salomon
12-Jun-2011, 12:19
It is a Super Technika V from 1966.

Darin Boville
12-Jun-2011, 12:25
Bob, the guy who just posted above me, is the Linhof Rep for the USA so his dating and ID are 99.9% authoritative.

I wanted to post to mention you should look around for any do-dads that might look unimportant but which came with the camera. Anything that says "Linhof" will likely have value. So might other items.

--Darin

tonyski
13-Jun-2011, 12:48
To ALL of you, thanks again!!!

Any advice on selling? I'm well versed with ebay, but as someone mentioned, selling here is allowed after 30 days.

As far as I know, all it needs is good cleaning and whatever is necessary to get the shutter speeds correct. The shutters on both lenses stay open for longer than 1 second when set for 1 second. (Any ideas on cost from Marflex?)

Also there is no film back with it although I imagine they are readily available.

Would you say this would be of more interest to a collector, or to a photographer that would actually use it?

Would I be better off sending it to Marflex for a cleaning, lube, evaluation and then sell it or just describe it as accurately as possible and let the ebay winds blow?

Thanks again,

Tony

Bob Salomon
13-Jun-2011, 13:11
"(Any ideas on cost from Marflex?)"

No, but just call him and ask. 252 652-4401. But, be aware, without actually seeing it an actual cost is impossible to determine. Maybe it just needs a CLA and maybe it needs parts replacements.

To get maximum value for any product it should be in the best state of repair and operate properly. That would mean a professional CLA by a qualified service center and in the USA Marflex is the only factory service center for Linhof.

Don't say that there is no film back. That would lead some to assume that there is no ground glass back. And your camera does have one. If one had to buy a new ground glass back, complete for the camera along with the ground glass frame it would be more then $1000.00 new. A film back is always an extra for a view camera.

Frank Petronio
13-Jun-2011, 13:24
The film back most of use use is a $5-$25 plastic sheet film holder, most people have them by the dozens.

Bob is right, if you go to sell it with the Marflex tune-up, and tell people so (photograph the receipt) then a very desirable camera. As it is, most of us we would bid low because we don't know what is involved in getting it up to speed. Being ignorant of the cameras (no fault of your own) leaves too many questions unanswered.

But if you just want to unload it, offer it for $500 to $750 and someone will snatch it up regardless. Versus selling it in the high teens if you get the work done... but you could easily spend over $1000 on getting it set up. So maybe it's even-steven?

I don't know if Martflex cleans and adjusts shutters? They must though. I usually have someone else do just the shutter clean, lube, and adjust for an average of $100. Frank Marshman at Camera Wiz in Harrisonburg, VA is good.

But Marflex may off you a better price on doing a lot of work all at once, plus he needs the lenses for camming and adjustments, so....

Baring sending it off, perhaps you can find a local photographer to evaluate it and make a assessment?

Darin Boville
13-Jun-2011, 14:05
If you want to sell and don't have a feel for the market price, E-bay might be a good choice. Outrageous fees but these can go for more money than you might expect. Check the completed auction to see recent sales (ignore the ones which didn't sell...)

--Darin

tonyski
15-Jun-2011, 10:22
Well after considering the advise here and from others I've talked to, I think I'll just try and sell my items as is rather than investing and more. I'd like to have the camera evaluated by a knowledgeable individual so I can be as honest as possible with potential buyers. Can any of you recommend someone to do that for me? Especially in the Atlanta area.

Thanks as always

Frank Petronio
15-Jun-2011, 10:40
KEH Camera Brokers can give you cash and show you any flaws, then you can consider whether to try to get more via eBay or here, but at least you'll have some straight info so you can write a proper description and not be a bad seller with p-o'd buyers. Of course sell everything as-is without returns but you want to describe it as well as possible, out of ethics and also to get the best price.

Bob Salomon
15-Jun-2011, 12:04
Well after considering the advise here and from others I've talked to, I think I'll just try and sell my items as is rather than investing and more. I'd like to have the camera evaluated by a knowledgeable individual so I can be as honest as possible with potential buyers. Can any of you recommend someone to do that for me? Especially in the Atlanta area.

Thanks as always

KEH or Quality camera. Both in Atlanta.

stephen.taylor
17-Jun-2011, 13:12
I'm not sure if you have the answer to the cam question or not but the cams for Tech IVs have two serial numbers on them (one for the camera and the other for the lens). They don't reall fit on the Vs. The V cams usually only have the serial number for the lens on them because they can be interchanged between cameras. That might explain why it doesn't really fit in the slot. It should fit pretty easily and not need to be forced. Hope this all helps.

tonyski
19-Jun-2011, 19:19
Stephen, Thanks. The two cams that I have only have the serial number for the lens on them. The cam installation seems easy enough. Extend the focus rail, match the teeth from the cam to the cam holder and slide it into position.

The problem that I am having is that the cam does not slide in all the way, It seems like the keepers on the post are too tight which prevents the cam from sliding in the entire way. I have pushed fairly hard to try and seat it but it won't work.

I'm taking it in for an evaluation soon. I'm sure they'll be able to show me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again to you and the rest of the forum members for all your help.

I'll post an update once the eval is complete.

T

pedroboni
5-Sep-2015, 09:04
I am new to this forum, therefore please accept my apologies in case I am using it in the wrong way. Maybe in this case I should have opened a new thread. Further as having read up to now this thread only I do not know if Bob Salomon is still actively participating. My problem: some weeks ago I purchased a Linhof Technika which looks as if it had never been used. There are 2 questions I have got:
1. which model exactly do I have according to the serial number in the hot shoe which is B-581679.
2. I purchased this Technika without any lens and cam but I do own a Schneider Symmar 150 mm lens. If I buy a suitable Linhof lensboard on Internet and just any 150 mm cam (independantly of the serial number) can I use this combination without any restrictions or drawbacks? Or does a particular cam only suit to a single particular lens.
I do hope that I expressed myself clearly enough but English is not my mother tongue. Many thanks for any help.
Peter

jbenedict
5-Sep-2015, 09:17

Thanks as always

KEH will give you a price that they will buy it for not for what it would sell for. A "valuation service" such as one an insurance company might use to assign value to an insured camera costs money. Their knowledge is the only thing they have to sell.

KEH has a calculator on their website which will give you an approximate amount they would give you for your camera, pending examination. This amount seems to be about 60% of the retail price of the camera. They are, after all, in the business of buying and selling cameras hopefully for a profit. You also could look at their listings and see the selling price of a similar camera. www.keh.com

Corran
5-Sep-2015, 09:18
2. I purchased this Technika without any lens and cam but I do own a Schneider Symmar 150 mm lens. If I buy a suitable Linhof lensboard on Internet and just any 150 mm cam (independantly of the serial number) can I use this combination without any restrictions or drawbacks? Or does a particular cam only suit to a single particular lens.

Bob still posts and he will probably chime in soon. However I am wondering about that serial #, it looks like the serial # of a Linhof 70 with the 53mm viewfinder, but I very well may be wrong.

Anyway, to your second point - technically, you are supposed to use the correct cam made for a specific lens. However, sometimes they can be very close and work okay, especially if you don't plan on working at wider apertures.

You should post a picture of your camera. I can visually tell you which model it is, as long as you show the top of the camera and front standard on the left side, looking at the camera from the front.

jbenedict
5-Sep-2015, 09:25
I am new to this forum, therefore please accept my apologies in case I am using it in the wrong way. Maybe in this case I should have opened a new thread. Further as having read up to now this thread only I do not know if Bob Salomon is still actively participating. My problem: some weeks ago I purchased a Linhof Technika which looks as if it had never been used. There are 2 questions I have got:
1. which model exactly do I have according to the serial number in the hot shoe which is B-581679.
I do hope that I expressed myself clearly enough but English is not my mother tongue. Many thanks for any help.
Peter

Bob drops in frequently and I think he has the serial number lists memorized.

A particular lens has to have a matching cam ground to fit the characteristics of the lens. These can be made but they are kind of expensive. A random cam might work somewhat with your lens and camera but it most likely wouldn't be accurate. Focussing with the ground glass probably be your only choice.

The earlier Technika III uses a different lens board than the later IV, V and Master Technikas so you might want to hold off until you know exactly which model you have. Boards for the IV, V and Master are quite plentiful and should be easy to find.

Len Middleton
5-Sep-2015, 09:26
Peter,

Yes, Bob is still very active on this forum and can answer your questions better than I, but let me see if I can get more relevant information from you.

Your serial number seems to be odd, as my 4x5 Technika V has a serial number over 2 000 000.

Some information needed:

1. Please confirm the format, as my assumption is that it is a 4x5" / 9x12cm, although there are smaller and bigger ones.

2. Cams are specific to lenses, and depending upon the model, can be specific to the camera bodies (e.g. III & IV), not the later ones. Having said that, I have successfully used unmatched cams and lenses, but with an understanding of the limitations. And of course you do not need to cam the lens should you just want to focus using the ground glass. You have not mentioned whether you have another means of composing e.g. shoe mounted Linhof Schneider viewer

3. Pictures of the camera would help greatly in identifying the model, in particular the front standard especially the right hand side (range finder side) and the top.

Hope that helps leads you toward the right answer.

Oh, and welcome to the asylum, the inmates are generally friendly...

Len

Bob Salomon
5-Sep-2015, 09:33
Peter
You have a Master Technika made after 1993.
No, you always need a cam cut to the lens that you own by serial number. That is why all cams for the V and the Master have the serial number of the lens that if was cut for on it. You will also need a pair of infinity stops and a focusing scale.

Bob Salomon
5-Sep-2015, 09:36
KEH will give you a price that they will buy it for not for what it would sell for. A "valuation service" such as one an insurance company might use to assign value to an insured camera costs money. Their knowledge is the only thing they have to sell.

KEH has a calculator on their website which will give you an approximate amount they would give you for your camera, pending examination. This amount seems to be about 60% of the retail price of the camera. They are, after all, in the business of buying and selling cameras hopefully for a profit. You also could look at their listings and see the selling price of a similar camera. www.keh.com

You do realize that he asked that question in June of 2011, correct?

Corran
5-Sep-2015, 09:41
Bob, why does his camera have a B- prefix on the serial #? My Master (Classic) doesn't, and it's in the 6 million range of serials. Just curious.

Bob Salomon
5-Sep-2015, 10:58
Bob, why does his camera have a B- prefix on the serial #? My Master (Classic) doesn't, and it's in the 6 million range of serials. Just curious.

It is newer then yours. Linhof has been using a letter prefix since 1990, the last 7 Digit serial number was 6,941,xxx

Corran
5-Sep-2015, 11:00
Interesting, thanks!

pedroboni
6-Sep-2015, 08:12
So many responses within such a short time. Many, many thanks to all of you who responded to my questions. I do not doubt that I have discovered a forum with many very knowledgeable and helpful members. As I am photographer and collector (not only Linhof) I shall certainly visit this forum regularly and will be able to learn a lot of all of you. One more question to Bob Salomon: does this mean that I have to send my camera to Linhof so that they can cut a cam for a lens what I sahll order from them or is it sufficient to order the lens and a cam from Linhof? I'm not in Germany but doubt that the Linhof representative in my country is able to cut such a cam but sending the camera to Germany would mean considerable customs complications.
One more question: I'm a bid mixed up by the naming system of Linhof at least for the Technikas such as Super, Master, I, II, III, IV, V etc. Is there maybe a website or a book, even anold one, where I can learn all these details?
By the way, as everything concerning my Technika, 4x5, seems to be clear I did up to now not post any pictures of this camera. However, if there are members who would like to see a picture of it I shall gladly post one or several.
Once more, thanks a lot to everybody.
Peter

Bob Salomon
6-Sep-2015, 09:32
H
So many responses within such a short time. Many, many thanks to all of you who responded to my questions. I do not doubt that I have discovered a forum with many very knowledgeable and helpful members. As I am photographer and collector (not only Linhof) I shall certainly visit this forum regularly and will be able to learn a lot of all of you. One more question to Bob Salomon: does this mean that I have to send my camera to Linhof so that they can cut a cam for a lens what I sahll order from them or is it sufficient to order the lens and a cam from Linhof? I'm not in Germany but doubt that the Linhof representative in my country is able to cut such a cam but sending the camera to Germany would mean considerable customs complications.
One more question: I'm a bid mixed up by the naming system of Linhof at least for the Technikas such as Super, Master, I, II, III, IV, V etc. Is there maybe a website or a book, even anold one, where I can learn all these details?
By the way, as everything concerning my Technika, 4x5, seems to be clear I did up to now not post any pictures of this camera. However, if there are members who would like to see a picture of it I shall gladly post one or several.
Once more, thanks a lot to everybody.
Peter

Where are you located? Almost any distributor either has a factory trained technician or has a factory trained service center in that country that does cramming.
If you have a IV then your camera and all of your lenses has To go in for camming. If you have a V or a Master only your lens has to be sent infor camming and that cam will work with that specific lesson any V orMaster. But not on a IV.
However, camming includes installation of the infinity stops and the focusing scale, which you can do yourself, once you have the properly crammed lens. But incorrectplacementof the infinity stood will leave small pit marks on the chromed rails where they mount, which can not be removed. If this would bother you then you should send your V or Master in with your lens and the technician will install them after the lenses crammed at the same cost.

For a complete history of Linhof buy The Linhof Camera Story, second version.

jbenedict
6-Sep-2015, 20:41
You do realize that he asked that question in June of 2011, correct?

Does that make anything I said invalid?

pedroboni
7-Sep-2015, 09:41
Thank you, Bob, I really appreciate. I'm located in Switzerland where Linhof just changed their distributor, therefore it may be a bid more difficult than elsewhere but also because it is a small country. Finally, after much reflection, I decided to go the safe but expensive way because I would like the best possible results this camera can produce with top of the range lenses. I contacted the Swiss distributor and ordered a 150 and a 90 mm lens, both Schneider Kreuznach lenses. They asked me to send them the camera and they will care for reforwarding to Linhof Munich. I'm happy to have become a member of this wonderful forum and would like to say thank you once more to everybody for the assistance. I shall certainly visit this forum regularly.
Now I am checking with Amazon Germany the availability of the book you recommended me.
Best wishes,
Peter

Bob Salomon
7-Sep-2015, 09:58
N
Thank you, Bob, I really appreciate. I'm located in Switzerland where Linhof just changed their distributor, therefore it may be a bid more difficult than elsewhere but also because it is a small country. Finally, after much reflection, I decided to go the safe but expensive way because I would like the best possible results this camera can produce with top of the range lenses. I contacted the Swiss distributor and ordered a 150 and a 90 mm lens, both Schneider Kreuznach lenses. They asked me to send them the camera and they will care for reforwarding to Linhof Munich. I'm happy to have become a member of this wonderful forum and would like to say thank you once more to everybody for the assistance. I shall certainly visit this forum regularly.
Now I am checking with Amazon Germany the availability of the book you recommended me.
Best wishes,
Peter
Just order the book from your Linhof distributor or from Linhof in Munchen directly.

pedroboni
23-Oct-2015, 05:42
N
Just order the book from your Linhof distributor or from Linhof in Munchen directly.

Dear Mr. Salomon,
this is just to inform you and warn anybody who may be concerned of the most doubtful business behavior of Linhof Munich. Their Swiss distributor sent them my Technika on September 9 in order to have the cams fabricated and the stops fitted, a job that should not take longer than a few hours. Despite many e-mails to the Swiss distributor and one to Linhof Munich I have not received my camera back. Anybody considering to deal directly with the Munich head office should think twice before doing this. In my 25 years as purchasing manager of a big international firm (non-photographic) I have never experienced such a lousy service and arrogant behavior. Looking at the case of Volkswagen I get the impression that the German industry is comitting a collective suicide. In any case for me the subject Linhof is settled forever.
With my best regards

Bob Salomon
23-Oct-2015, 07:48
K
Dear Mr. Salomon,
this is just to inform you and warn anybody who may be concerned of the most doubtful business behavior of Linhof Munich. Their Swiss distributor sent them my Technika on September 9 in order to have the cams fabricated and the stops fitted, a job that should not take longer than a few hours. Despite many e-mails to the Swiss distributor and one to Linhof Munich I have not received my camera back. Anybody considering to deal directly with the Munich head office should think twice before doing this. In my 25 years as purchasing manager of a big international firm (non-photographic) I have never experienced such a lousy service and arrogant behavior. Looking at the case of Volkswagen I get the impression that the German industry is comitting a collective suicide. In any case for me the subject Linhof is settled forever.
With my best regards

Naturally, I am very sorry, but we have good news for you! Your camera was shipped back to your dealer, Prophot, in Zurich, last Friday. We have to assume that this was your camera as you did not give me your name in your complaint. The reason for your delay was because of an internal breakdown of a critical part that required the service of an outside technician. The service department notified the dealer by both email and phone that their would be a delay while the equipment was being repaired.
Linhof in Munich naturally has no relationship to Volkswagen other then Linhof owns some.

The Linhof people are with me at this moment at the Photo Show in NYC and they do apologize to you for their failure to notify you directly of the delay. They thought that your dealer would pass the information on to you. Apparently this did not happen. Should you have any further problems please contact Herr Biel at the factory.

Bill_1856
23-Oct-2015, 11:22
How neat it is to come across an old thread with Brian and Frank both contributing.

pedroboni
24-Oct-2015, 07:37
K

Naturally, I am very sorry, but we have good news for you! Your camera was shipped back to your dealer, Prophot, in Zurich, last Friday. We have to assume that this was your camera as you did not give me your name in your complaint. The reason for your delay was because of an internal breakdown of a critical part that required the service of an outside technician. The service department notified the dealer by both email and phone that their would be a delay while the equipment was being repaired.
Linhof in Munich naturally has no relationship to Volkswagen other then Linhof owns some.

The Linhof people are with me at this moment at the Photo Show in NYC and they do apologize to you for their failure to notify you directly of the delay. They thought that your dealer would pass the information on to you. Apparently this did not happen. Should you have any further problems please contact Herr Biel at the factory.

Dear Mr. Salomon,

I do thank you very much for your intervention which I really appreciate. I do not want to go on with this subject which actually has nothing to do with the original thread but just put some things straight so to avoid being accused not to have said the full truth. The Swiss distributor informed me on 13th October, after my complaint, of the reason of this delay by telling me that Linhof in fact had failed to inform them. According to the latest information received from the distributor the camera is back in this country since Friday last and should be delivered to me on Tuesday next week. I have not decided yet what I am going to do with it, keep it or put it right away on ebay. I think I would always remember the problems I had with this camera and consequently spoil any pleasure of using it. More than 13 weeks from the date of my enquiry until the receipt of the camera with the lenses is just too long.
Best regards

Bob Salomon
24-Oct-2015, 07:42
Dear Mr. Salomon,

I do thank you very much for your intervention which I really appreciate. I do not want to go on with this subject which actually has nothing to do with the original thread but just put some things straight so to avoid being accused not to have said the full truth. The Swiss distributor informed me on 13th October, after my complaint, of the reason of this delay by telling me that Linhof in fact had failed to inform them. According to the latest information received from the distributor the camera is back in this country since Friday last and should be delivered to me on Tuesday next week. I have not decided yet what I am going to do with it, keep it or put it right away on ebay. I think I would always remember the problems I had with this camera and consequently spoil any pleasure of using it. More than 13 weeks from the date of my enquiry until the receipt of the camera with the lenses is just too long.
Best regards
I will pass your comment on to the factory. Sorry you had a problem.