PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from belgium!

orphiz
10-Jun-2011, 12:55
hello there,

ive bin looking at the forum for a few weeks and thought i would say hello.
Since a friend of mine was gonna sell his graflex crown.(he never used it) i started looking up on 4x5 and large format photography.

With looking i became amazed about these camera's and the large formats alltogether. i had to buy it.
Also the price did help out and i bought the camera. Today is the day i got it.
I'll have to test it real soon

I have bin shooting film for about a year now. mostly medium format (with a arax) and polaroid type 100 (with a polaroid 600se). Loving everysecond of it.
Also the developing is great fun.

Hope i can get some results like ive seen on this forum (some amazing work!)
The biggest problem will be getting my film developed/on paper or scanned.
But we will see how we get there. Maybe i just need the right equipment for it?
Problem is having the room to put it in.

Best regards,
Andy

MMELVIS
10-Jun-2011, 18:42
Welcome to the board and you are starting out with a great camera

eddie
11-Jun-2011, 00:24
welcome.

add some profile details, like your location ....this may help with your later questions/postings.

Vick Vickery
11-Jun-2011, 18:37
Welcome to group therapy! :) A Crown is a fun place to start!

orphiz
12-Jun-2011, 12:26
Thanks for the warm welcome. Just made my 1st shot today. now i need to get it developed. Next problem on my list!

Ole Tjugen
12-Jun-2011, 12:58
Andy,

Developing 4x5" film yourself is no more difficult than developing 35mm film, in fact I would say it is easier!

And one of the really good things with LF is that you can contact print. Again something you can do yourself with an absolute minimum of equipment. You could even go for one of the historic processes which only requires a printing frame and sunlight...

orphiz
13-Jun-2011, 14:06
I'll have to do some research. Atm i guess i'll be needing some new equipment to devellop though. Only have tanks for developing.

For developing sheets a tank is not a good idea ive bin told? cause i was looking at a Combi-Plan film tank Since it can take up to 6 negatives. But there is uneven development in these? seems like allot of money if it wont work the way it should!