PDA

View Full Version : Lensfielders?

drums1977
7-Jun-2011, 09:13
Hi,

today I've discovered this internet store specialized on LF second hand gear. but I can't find anything about them:

http://lensfielders.com

Does anyone know anything about it? Did you ever buy anything there?

Thanks!

Gem Singer
7-Jun-2011, 10:06
This is the first time I've ever seen their website.

There is no indication as to where in the world they are located, who is running the operation, or where and how they purchase their previously owned equipment.

Most of their stuff is Arca-Swiss and Rodenstock. Relatively high prices compared to KEH, Mpex., or Badgergraphic.

I would want to know more about them before dealing with Lensfielders.

drums1977
7-Jun-2011, 11:12
I just checked the ABOUT US section on the site, and it says:

"We have a combined 26 years of large format photography sales, service and instruction. Our goal is to help you make an informed decision and find the photography equipment most suited to your individual needs. We recommend getting in touch by sending us an email to start the process."

I find two things very strange:
- After 26 years on business, no one seems to mention them on any forum, retailers lists, etc.
- After all that time specializing on second hand LF, shouldn't their choice of items be much larger?

Bob Salomon
7-Jun-2011, 11:25
I just checked the ABOUT US section on the site, and it says:

"We have a combined 26 years of large format photography sales, service and instruction. Our goal is to help you make an informed decision and find the photography equipment most suited to your individual needs. We recommend getting in touch by sending us an email to start the process."

I find two things very strange:
- After 26 years on business, no one seems to mention them on any forum, retailers lists, etc.
- After all that time specializing on second hand LF, shouldn't their choice of items be much larger?

It doesn't say that they have been in business for 26 years. It says that they have a COMBINED 26 years of experience.

That could mean one person in large format sales for 26 years. It can also mean 26 people each with one year's experience, or any combination inbetween.

domaz
7-Jun-2011, 11:32
I don't even see the prices using IE9. Bad javascript apparently. There are so many sites on the web that duplicate other sites you almost have to wonder if they are reselling items for another site...

Sevo
7-Jun-2011, 12:36
That site must either be still in the making, or it is a relic of some aborted project - as is, it probably won't sell or have sold as much as a flash cube. It is missing all pictures, contact and sales information, and all of the legal boilerplate required for web shops.

msk2193
7-Jun-2011, 12:42
Looks like they are out of Minneapolis. Appears that GoDaddy hosts their web site out of Scottsdale, AZ.
Then, the reverse might be possible!

This domain name was just created on 26 February 2011. Real old company!!

Nathan Potter
7-Jun-2011, 14:52
I don't even see the prices using IE9. Bad javascript apparently. There are so many sites on the web that duplicate other sites you almost have to wonder if they are reselling items for another site...

You can almost bet on it! :confused:

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Ed Kelsey
7-Jun-2011, 14:54
Weird Indeed

Brian Ellis
7-Jun-2011, 15:03
If you click on "Beta" at the top of the home page you see that it's a beta version and that they're working on the final version. I've never heard of them either. I'd guess it's a new business started by some person or persons who have been working in the photo business for someone else. Hopefully in the final version of the web site they'll provide some names, physical location, and personal information about the people behind it. It's always nice to see new sources of LF gear as long as they're legitimate.

williamtheis
7-Jun-2011, 18:08
yes. I just bought some Arca Swiss gear and they are reliable. they are indeed in Arizona

Gem Singer
7-Jun-2011, 21:09
Hmm, started up approx, Feb., 2011. Located in Arizona (Scottsdale ?). 26 years at Photomark? Dealing primarily in Arca Swiss equipment.

Rod Klukas, did you start a new business???:)

Rod Klukas
8-Jun-2011, 10:03
Hi everyone,

Yes, I am a technical consultant for Lensfielders. This business began as a solution to transition my large format consignment customers when I left Photomark.
The website is still being finalized as the staff at Lensfielders are looking for a better e-commerce solution and an 800 number is planned and will be added soon.

My new job at Arca-Swiss is keeping me quite busy and I'm loving it.

Thanks for your interest, and any other questions can be directed to sales@lensfielders.com.

Rod Klukas

John Schneider
8-Jun-2011, 16:04
I can confirm that much of what's on their website were consignment items back at Photomark when Rod was there. Now if that Arca 8x10 bag bellows was only cheaper...:(