PDA

View Full Version : Arca rental sources?

Steve Singleton
29-Jul-2001, 02:13
The budget ran out before I could get every accessory I could wish for to comple te an Arca 45F classic C outfit. In particular, I'd like to rent a binocular re flex finder to see if life really would be perfect if I owned one. Can anyone p oint me to a source for renting Arca gear?

Ellis Vener
29-Jul-2001, 11:42
I don't know about perfect, but I am surprised by how much I really like the Arca Bino Reflex Viewer, I had tried the Sinar & Toyo bino reflex boxes on those other systems and had not liked them.

Sandy Sorlien
29-Jul-2001, 11:45
I own one and life is almost perfect. You have to look down into it which means the camera is placed somewhat lower than usual, so you lose some of your height vantage point, and rise. I soemtimes carry a small stepladder to stand on if I want that height back. I say, buy it! It weighs almost nothing. However, it is an awkward shape to pack.

Jennifer Waak
29-Jul-2001, 12:35
Given how few Arca-Swiss dealers there are in the US you may have a hard time with this. I ran a quick search in Yahoo as well and campe up empty. You might try talking to someone like Jeff at Badger Graphics (or any other A-S dealer) and see if you can either rent one from them or "buy" one with a generous return policy.

adam friedberg
29-Jul-2001, 13:17
i deal with all the major rental houses in nyc and have not seen any arca swiss available for rental for over 10 years.

Steve Singleton
7-Aug-2001, 20:57
Just in case this thread sticks in the archives, I thought I'd mention that I could not find any Arca equipment for rent, so finally broke down and bought a binocular viewer. Robert White had an excellent price (at least for Arca) and customs weren't charged, either by accident or design I can't say. The viewer is very bright, very convenient and has just enough magnification available to allow me to see focus without resorting to a darkcloth and separate magnifier. So, as it turns out, life is perfect.