PDA

View Full Version : Fuji PA-45 in Chamonix 45N-2

arshia
5-Jun-2011, 15:11
Hey all — I'm new to both large format photography and the forum. I've had a lot of trouble using the Fuji PA-45 with my Chamonix 45N-2. I keep getting a black strip on the bottom of all of my images. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help? Thanks!

darr
5-Jun-2011, 15:38
It looks like the Fuji-back is not seated properly. As a suggestion, take off your lens-board with the Fuji-back on the rear standard. Have the back wide open for exposure--look to see how the frame of the Fuji-back looks to the lens. You may find it is not seated properly, like you need to push it in further to the other side of where it is to be seated, or you may see the dark-slide or similar mechanism is not exposing the film area properly.

Good luck!
Darr

onnect17
5-Jun-2011, 15:58
...or you may see the dark-slide or similar mechanism is not exposing the film area properly.

Good luck!
Darr

As Darr is saying, make sure you are pulling the dark slide all the way out and the film pack is seated in the right way. I use the polaroid version with Fuji film without troubles.

arshia
5-Jun-2011, 16:11
Thank you both. Could the bellows possibly obstruct the image? I looked inside and I can see the entire frame, even when I remove the darkslide. I took another shot, but I'm still seeing the black strip.

Alternately, I have no problems using my Polaroid 545i holder.