PDA

View Full Version : Mondrian Switching to Trebla

SeanEsopenko
3-Jun-2011, 11:19
I'm ordering my RA-4 chemicals for the first time. Carla at Mondrian is going to see if they still have Kodak RA-4 chemicals in stock but they're in the process of switching to Trebla chemicals & paper. I'm pretty sure there won't be much of a difference in the chemicals (other than maybe some difference in the colour balance). Does anybody have any thoughts on Trebla's chemical and paper products?

I'm stuck with Trebla's chemicals because it seems that Mondrian's the only way to get RA-4 chemicals. But I can still get Fuji CA from B&H so I'm very curious as to whether anybody knows of any difference?

hka
6-Jun-2011, 09:27
Trebla RA4 and C41 is fine. Professional labs use them in their equipment.
I used these developer at my home darkroom for a while no problems at all. Some small changes in color correction.

SeanEsopenko
6-Jun-2011, 10:11
Trebla RA4 and C41 is fine. Professional labs use them in their equipment.
I used these developer at my home darkroom for a while no problems at all. Some small changes in color correction.

Yeah I figured the chemicals wouldn't be a big deal since they're used in commercial labs. I think many commercial labs in Canada get their RA-4 chemicals from Mondrian and they wouldn't be replacing their entire Kodak line with another manufacturer's if it wasn't of the same quality.

What I'm very curious about is the paper. I couldn't find a single word on RA-4 paper products on the CPAC website. Maybe it was a verbal slip of the Mondrian rep's that Mondrian is replacing their (discontinued) Kodak paper line with CPAC product as well.

RedSun
3-Sep-2012, 20:26
CPAC makes a full line of chemical for RA-4 processing. That is used by some photo labs and schools, etc.

chamon88
6-Sep-2012, 17:43
For kodak product in Canada it's Hydes Distribution they have a very good service.

Chamon