PDA

View Full Version : Info About Voigtlander Compur Anastigmat Skopar 1:4.5

brchambe
2-Jun-2011, 16:26
Folks, i bought a Voigtlander Compur Anastigmat Skopar and it will be arriving in the next couple days. I bought the camera for the lens. I want to use it with my Toyo View 45A.

Does anyone have any advise on how to mount this to my lens board? I've not seen the lens in person yet and don't know what the mounting method is on current camera.

As an aside is it going to be a real crime to strip this lens off the Voigtlander camera and give the camera body away?

thanks for your help, Brian

Bill_1856
2-Jun-2011, 16:28
"...is it going to be a real crime to strip this lens off the Voigtlander camera and give the camera body away?"
Yes.

domaz
2-Jun-2011, 16:37
Err most likely it won't even cover 4x5 unless you are stripping that Skopar off a big postcard camera or something like that. What is the focal length (mm) of the Skopar?

brchambe
2-Jun-2011, 17:04
Domaz, it says f=13.5. I'm not to concerned about full coverage. i have a couple pezvals that don't cover 4x5 and I'm used to it.

Wilhelm, maybe I'll keep them together but the body is pretty trashed from what I saw. I'll wait till it comes in to decide.

cdholden
2-Jun-2011, 19:26
Domaz, it says f=13.5. I'm not to concerned about full coverage. i have a couple pezvals that don't cover 4x5 and I'm used to it.

Wilhelm, maybe I'll keep them together but the body is pretty trashed from what I saw. I'll wait till it comes in to decide.

A 105mm is a normal lens for the 6x9cm format and is frequently seen on Bessa folders, as well as some other models made by them. At 135mm, it should cover a bit more, but I'm not sure how much more. Maybe 3x4? Maybe 4x5?

Arne Croell
3-Jun-2011, 01:43
The Skopar (without Apo- prefix) was Voigtländers version of a Tessar and has equivalent coverage. The 13.5cm is most likely for a 9x12cm format camera which is a tad smaller than 4x5". It probably covers with some softness in the corners if you enlarge. If the camera is a "Bergheil" or similar I wouldn't throw it away, but usually one just unscrews the retaining ring from the front standard (easier to reach with the camera closed), so there is no harm done.

Ole Tjugen
3-Jun-2011, 01:48
A Skopar is most likely to be mounted on an Avus or a Bergheil, with Avus being slightly more likely. Could be a VAG, but that's fairly unlikely - anyone shelling out for a Skopar would be most likely to get an Avus.

The Bergheil has a bayonet mount which makes it easy to get the lens of the camera but more tricky getting the mount off the lens. The others are as Arne said, just unscrew the retaining ring from the back.

It should cover 4x5" straight on.

brchambe
3-Jun-2011, 07:08
I want to thank you all for your help. I have no intention of throwing the camera away if I decide to pull the lens from it. I will either hang onto it or find it a good home.

thanks again, Brian