PDA

View Full Version : Bellows replacement on Graflex RB?

toolbox
1-Jun-2011, 06:47
Hey guys,
I've done the usual searches, but didn't find much...
I've got a 4x5 Graflex RB that I'm working on, and the bellows is probably going to need replacement...I was going to try and salvage it with tape and black silicone just to make it a shooter, but I think it's probably too far gone even for that. Soooo...I'm pretty sure I can see how the front unscrews, but the back end looks like it's buried in there. Anyone had one of these apart? It's been converted to a Graphic back, and I haven't had it off yet. Can you get the rear of the bellows out without completely removing the shutter gear? Hope so, since the shutter is working fine and I'd rather not dig into that part of it if possible. Also, anyone know of a source for a replacement bellows, or is that a custom job?
Thoughts?
Thanks!
Scott

Sirius Glass
1-Jun-2011, 10:13
You might want to contact Bert on graflex.org. He is a retired Graflex/Graphic repairman.

Steve

rknewcomb
1-Jun-2011, 10:32
You might try taking out the center screws that hold on the rear "Graphic" ground glass panel, put the shutter curtain on "T", fire off one shot so the curtain is then all the way open and the mirror flips up, and take a look back in there - no harm done.
Robert

rjmeyer314
1-Jun-2011, 11:57
I used Turner Bellows in Rochester, NY for a replacement bellows on my 5x7 Speed Graphic. I was pleased with the results.

toolbox
9-Jun-2011, 05:52
Thanks for the input guys! I took the spring back off and poked around inside with the shutter on T...far as I can tell the back of the bellows must be glued in? I'll see if I can get a hold of Bert too. After I get it out I'll contact Turner...it should be a pretty easy bellows to make I would think, it looks like it's a square and doesn't taper at all. It's not very long either.