PDA

View Full Version : Gandolfi cameras

Lukas Werth
3-Jun-2001, 14:48
Does anyone know what happened to Gandolfi cameras? I cannot find any informatio n on the net. Are they still available?

Lukas

Mark Severson
3-Jun-2001, 15:03
Badger Graphic Sales (http://www.badgergraphic.com/) sells them.

David Brown
3-Jun-2001, 16:39
The Gandolfi web site is http://www.gandolficorfield.co.uk/ although it is not up to date.

They are definitely in operation and do respond to telephone calls and e-mails. If you need any further information do contact me direct (i own several!).

Manuel Gomes Teixeira
3-Jun-2001, 18:10
Lukas

They are alive and well and I hope they continue like this forever. I have two Gandolfis , one Variant 4x5 in American Black Walnut and a very old model the Universal in perfect working conditions that I bought almost for nothing in my hometown here in Portugal.

Their support is excellent and friendly and they don't know the word "impossible" for special requests.

The person behind this quality company is Edward Hill .

I hope this helps you in some way

Regards from Portugal

Haim Toeg
4-Jun-2001, 05:06
Gandolfi are still active. Just recently I bought an ex-demo camera from them. Got it at a very good price and the condition was excellent. Edward Hill, as noted earlier, is the person behind the company, dealing with him is pleasant and efficient.

Pete Watkins
4-Jun-2001, 18:19
Beware, some of their cameras are now made from MDF. If you buy one stipulate exactly what you want. Pete

james mickelson
4-Jun-2001, 22:33
I have the black MDF variant model and it has stood up to everything from rain, snow and ice to extreeme heat in the desert. Very rugged, with great movements, and easy to use. Well worth the money. James

Geoffrey_1456
4-Jun-2001, 22:41
Well said, James! Beware what? The MDF Variant Gandolfis are the most solid non-metal field cameras there is!

Lukas Werth
5-Jun-2001, 05:40
Thank you for all the answers. I have two follow-up questions:

First, what does MDF, presumably the material from which the Gandolfi Variants are built, stand for?

Second, I asked my question primarily because I wanted to find information about the 11x14 model. I haven't yet. Can anybody report about this camera (which seems to have a different construction than the other Precisions).

Lukas

Sal Santamaura
5-Jun-2001, 13:03
MDF: Medium Density Fiberboard. Note that the American Black Walnut versions of the Variant are lighter weight than their MDF counterparts. I researched the 5x7 a few months ago, and, for that model, the difference was around one pound.

Urs Bernhard
5-Jun-2001, 14:11
Hallo Lukas, I found a website interesting for you. Go to www.johndesq.com John is a Netherland based dealer and Photographer. On this site you haeve infor mation and pics of the camera. Cheers, Urs

Debs
3-Feb-2002, 12:10
Hi. We have two 8x6 Gandolfi cameras which, until my husband had to retire early, have been in full time use in museums and art galleries etc since the early sixties. We are now looking to sell these and are looking to get a fair price from them. Does anyone know the best way to go about this?

Wilhelm
3-Feb-2002, 12:59
Beware used Gandolfi cameras advertised as 5x7 which are really "half- plate" models. Much older and worth only about half as much.

tim atherton
3-Feb-2002, 14:14
"Beware used Gandolfi cameras advertised as 5x7 which are really "half- plate" models. Much older and worth only about half as much."

Much older? Not necessarily, they could be brand new - I think they still make half plate cameras to order - saw a lovely brand new one when I was at their works in the fall. Actually they had some very cool custom order stuff - leopard spot covered Corfield anyone...

T8im A