PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Model 2 Full Plate Camera

northcarolinajack
26-May-2011, 08:07
I just purchased a Kodak Model 2 FULL PLATE camera. The camera wood and hardware are pristine, the bellows must be replaced. Along with the camera were 5 film holders.

I need 2 items, the bellows has been ordered.
1 - Lens Boards
2 - Film

Does anyone know a source of 6 ½ x 8 ½ film?

I feel sure I could make the lens board, unless someone would have one
or two for sale. The lens board is 4 ¾ OD square.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jack

JJeffrey
26-May-2011, 08:22
Whole plate film is a special order item. Ilford does an annual run of ULF and uncommon sizes, the deadline for which is about two weeks away. Contact an Ilford dealer and get your order in pronto!

Oren Grad
26-May-2011, 08:39
Badger Graphic still has a few boxes of WP FP4 Plus in stock, presumably from last year's run. You could check with the other participating dealers too.

Details for the 2011 special run are here:

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/20114191217401827.pdf

Roger Thoms
26-May-2011, 09:04
Never hurts to call Fred at The View Camera store and see what he can get. He is also a ULF Run dealer.

Roger

David Karp
26-May-2011, 10:29
I found a good source of wood for lensboards is a hobby shop that has modeler's plywood.

northcarolinajack
26-May-2011, 11:04
Many thanks for the replys. Badger does have some Ilford in stock, which I will
order PDQ!
Without question the LF Forum is a great place to find help. Good group.

Jack

Drew Bedo
27-May-2011, 04:34
The 2-D lensboards are relativly rasy to make or get made. In the past I have gotten a "new" lens and not having the parience to wait for a lensboard, made up a temporary one from cardboard or mat board (just whateve was handy).

Film can be cut down from 8x10 in a pinch too . . .while you are waiting for your special order.

Just go for it and shoot something!