PDA

View Full Version : New Linhof 3D Micro Leveling Head

Bob Salomon
24-May-2011, 11:36
Now available in the USA from your camera store.

Vascilli
29-May-2011, 13:41
If the Quick Fix is removed, can an Arca-Swiss clamp be attached?

Bob Salomon
29-May-2011, 14:39
No but you could attach any type of quick release base to the Quickfix camera plate. Or just use the excellent QuickFix system which does lock automatically and very securely.

ljsegil
7-Jun-2011, 08:45
How is this not a straight rip-off of the Arca-Swiss Cube?
LJS

Bob Salomon
7-Jun-2011, 10:32
How is this not a straight rip-off of the Arca-Swiss Cube?
LJS

Not even close, it is made from the tilt head that is part of the M679cs. It is much smmaller in size then the Arca, more precisely geared and has a different range of movements.

Acheron Photography
4-Sep-2011, 12:56
My 3D arrived a few days ago and goodness me it is a lovely thing. The new clamp works beautifully, the head is completely rigid locked down, and the gearing works smoothly. This isn't cheap, but it is an excellent product.

Bob Salomon
4-Sep-2011, 13:51
My 3D arrived a few days ago and goodness me it is a lovely thing. The new clamp works beautifully, the head is completely rigid locked down, and the gearing works smoothly. This isn't cheap, but it is an excellent product.

Glad you like it. It took longer then expected to get them to market but the wait seems well worth it!

Ed Kelsey
7-Nov-2011, 10:53
How many degrees does it tilt up and down?

Bob Salomon
7-Nov-2011, 12:27
How many degrees does it tilt up and down?

12° but then there is an accessory arm that clamps on and lets the camera mount at 90° ±12°. There are two 360° pan controls, one on the bottom and another at the top of the head. When you add the angle arm then it also has a 360° calibrated pan.

Ed Kelsey
7-Nov-2011, 12:41
Only 12 degrees would make me choose the Arca Swiss Cube instead.

Bob Salomon
7-Nov-2011, 13:12
Only 12 degrees would make me choose the Arca Swiss Cube instead.

The Linhof is a leveling head as its name applies. That is why they made the additional accessory arm for those who want to be able to go to 90°. It is also why it is smaller then the others as well as smoother in operation.

luis a de santos
8-Nov-2011, 15:37
How much is this puppy?

Bob Salomon
9-Nov-2011, 08:57
How much is this puppy?

Camera stores discount from the list price. So you should ask your favorite dealer for an actual selling price. The list price in the USA is a bit under 2K.

ericpmoss
23-Dec-2011, 17:25
It's a lovely looking thing. What would I need to use it with a Really Right Stuff TVC-23 tripod and an Arca F with telescoping rail and some sort of quick release? I haven't bought said camera yet -- just making sure it will all work nicely. Thanks. :)