PDA

View Full Version : Salutations from Gotham

Josh X
24-May-2011, 11:07
Hello Everyone.

As you can probably see from my profile, I'm a long time forum member and lurker. Circumstances have finally enabled me to fulfill my dream of entering the world of large format photography.

I participated in a NYC meet up years ago while still a grad student (as some of you may recall). Perhaps by the next meet up my new-to-me camera will be restored and I can participate more fully.

Cheers,

josh

Vick Vickery
24-May-2011, 11:48
Well, welcome to group therapy, even though you've been here awhile! :) What kind of camera did you buy and restore?

IanG
24-May-2011, 12:23
Welcome, NYC is a long way from Gotham :D Nottingham (UK) is the nearest city :)

Ian

Josh X
24-May-2011, 12:58
Vick, I purchased an 11x14 Century View #1. I've posted a question regarding restoration here:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=76436

As an aside, I loosely use the word "restore" around here, given some of the impressive efforts a few forum members have documented. I only need to build a bellows frame, purchase and attach a bellows, and replace a few knobs.

Ian, as I am sure you know NYC is sometimes referred to as "Gotham". But I'm glad to receive a good-humored welcome.

Thanks,

josh