PDA

View Full Version : Linhof MT2000: tripod socket size

lphong
23-May-2011, 18:37
Could the tripod socket be either 1/4'' or 3/8'' depending on the model ? I did a search on the RRS plate to buy for a MT2000 and found that the following plates are used:

B41, B52 (1/4" screw mount) no bushing mentioned
B22, B29 (3/8" screw mount)

The RRS site recommends plate B25 (1/4" screw mount) for Linhof Technika

What plate / size do you use ?
How do you protect the leather area in contact with the plate ?

Many thanks

Linh

Valdecus
23-May-2011, 23:40
As far as I know, all Technika tripod sockets are 3/8" screw mounts. I am using a B25 plate on my Super Technika V 5x7 with a bushing adapter. The plate fits perfectly and doesn't move or rotate at all, and I don't need to protect the leather at all as the plate doesn't move.

I wish the B25 adapter came with a 3/8" screw mount though, as I believe the bushing is not an optimal solution. However, I don't have any problems with the screw mount even with this heavy 11 pound monster and some big glass in front.

Cheers,
Andreas

lphong
27-May-2011, 18:29
Thanks Andreas. I have tried today the B41 plate (1/4" screw mount) which fitted both tripod sockets of my MT2000. So it varies from one model to another.

Bob Salomon
28-May-2011, 02:57
As far as I know, all Technika tripod sockets are 3/8" screw mounts. I am using a B25 plate on my Super Technika V 5x7 with a bushing adapter. The plate fits perfectly and doesn't move or rotate at all, and I don't need to protect the leather at all as the plate doesn't move.

I wish the B25 adapter came with a 3/8" screw mount though, as I believe the bushing is not an optimal solution. However, I don't have any problems with the screw mount even with this heavy 11 pound monster and some big glass in front.

Cheers,
Andreas

Lots are 1/4". Primarily the ones sold in the USA

Valdecus
29-May-2011, 11:52
Thanks for the info, Bob.

Cheers,
Andreas