PDA

View Full Version : cam for 135S Sironar and Linhof V

violin
5-Jul-2001, 02:57
Hello again to everyone, I am afraid that this is another simpleton begginer que stion, please hae patence.

What id the procedure for aquiring a CAM for the 135 Sirinar S on the Linhof Tec h V, dot I have to send the camera and the lens away, are there any recomendable 3rd pary suppliers, is theis an off the shelf item, can I fit and change it mys elf?

Thanks to all

adrian

Bob Salomon
5-Jul-2001, 05:05
If you are in the US you contact Marflex at 973 808-9010 and they will tell you what you need to do. They are the ONLY source of factory camming in the US.

If you have other specific questions you call us at 800 735 4373. We do not do the camming though.

Bob Salomon
5-Jul-2001, 05:06
If you are in the US you contact Marflex at 973 808-9010 and they will tell you what you need to do. They are the ONLY source of factory camming in the US.

If you have other specific questions you call us at 800 735 4373. We do not do the camming though.

If you are not in the US you simply contact your local Linhof distributor (noy a camera store)

david clark
5-Jul-2001, 10:30
Hi Adrian, I think this guy makes those Linhof cams: Christopher Hale chale@icom.ca

Best, David

ed kang
5-Jul-2001, 15:36
forgive my ignorance, but what is a cam for a lens?

Brian Ellis
5-Jul-2001, 17:25
I spoke with Marflex a few years ago about making a cam for my 210 Schneider APO lens and Technika V camera. Unfortunately, they will require that you send them both the camera and the lens. This was somewhat disappointing because one of the advandtages of the Tech V vx. earlier Technika models is that you're supposed to be able to have a cam cut for a lens without parting with the camera. In any event, the cost was $250 as I recall. For that you get the cam installed, the distance scale, and the infinity stops so I thought the price was reasonable.

Bob Salomon
5-Jul-2001, 20:16
Yes you can have a cam cut for a V or a MAster without sending your camera in. The price is the same either way.

But then without sending in your camera they have to use a Master, providing we don't need it for a show.

If you send your camera in the cam is cut and checked for accuracy on your camera, not our camera. The infinity stops and focus scale are mounted and checked on your camera by our technician. If you don't send in your camera you will need to install them yourself but you will pay the same price.

It is simply easier for the user to have the cam cut, checked and the stops and scale mounted by service at one time rather then having to do some of it yourself.

if the infinity stops are installed in the incorrect place the screw will leave a visible pock mark on the chrome rail where they mount. A test target for determining the correct location is available but they can really be a pain to install.

violin
6-Jul-2001, 03:20
Thanks for all the replies, as I live in Madrid Spain it looks like i will have to send the camera to Linhof in Germany. I'll make use of the summer holidays when I was palnning on traveling with MF anyway. It seems to make sense getting the installation done by the experts

As you may see in my other posting I was going to purchase the V with only 1 lens, a 135 S, but if I am going to have to send it away to get the cam fitted then I'll get the 210 S as well to do them both at the same time and just run the risk of a divorce... Is it simple enough to change cams in the field?

Thanks again to all