PDA

View Full Version : Printing large picture from CS5 to 9880 from iMac

beesleys
18-May-2011, 03:54
Hi All,

I am quite new to digital printing and even newer to this forum. i'm not sure where to post this question as it could be either hardware or software!!

I have decided that its time to switch to a iMac from my trusted PC and this is where my problems begin - i was under the impression that mac's are better for this type of work.

MY SETUP:
intel iMac (OS X 10.6.7) - fully updated
Photoshop CS5
Epson Stylus Pro 9880
Lastest epson driver downloaded from epson website.

MY PROBLEM:
I am trying to print a large image direct from photoshop to the 9880, file size approx 380mb; 14630 x 9083px; 124 x 77 cm.

When the printer starts it only prints about 11" wide of the image by the full length of the image, so the image is cut off not scaled down.... the print preview from the epson driver show all of the image will print.

I have been printing these images from my PC and never encountered a problem, and, although the driver dialog box looks different on the mac i am very confident the settings i'm using are the same as i have been on my PC

WHAT I HAVE TRYED:
My first port of call was everybody's best friend that is google but couldn't find a solution.

Second I call Epson support and after 20mins on hold the operator seem only to be asking question from a script and blamed Adobe for the issue when he had checked all his tick boxes (this seems quite a normal response from other problems i have seen on the internet)

Thirdly As i have apple care i called apple, i was told to do the usual i.e restart the mac and install all available updates - the tech guy said he would call me back in an hour when the update was complete but i have heard nothing, i placed the call yesterday afternoon.

I have also re-downloaded and re-installed the print driver from epson.

After researching about printing from a mac i found that apple has generic pre-installed drivers. There is one for the 9880 and i have tried printing from that but the result is the same.

I have also tried printing different files to rule out that the file is corrupt.

Sorry if this is very long winded but i like to get as many of the facts down to save wasting peoples time with me saying "oh yeah tried that"!!!!!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to look at this problem and any help would be very much appreciated.

Simon

alharding
19-May-2011, 04:49
Hey Simon,

That sounds like a real pain. I'm not exactly sure what it is but it could be an incorrect paper setting. If any of the settings in the printer dialog are conflicting with the paper setting on the printer, things like this can happen. I would also make sure you have enough RAM. The file doesn't sound like its very large. As long as you have at least 4GB of RAM with no other applications open the computer should handle it.

Good Luck,

Al

beesleys
19-May-2011, 14:01
Hi al, thanks for the reply.... I will take a closer look, as the driver looks very different I could easily have missed something!!!

My quest continues.