PDA

View Full Version : Name this Camera

akfreak
16-May-2011, 18:21
On ebay there is a listing that was for $2000, I have never seen a camer built like this? Can somone please name that camera ebay Item 220743545466 if this link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220743545466&si=2jWWzrWWk4AO9HEVV1K%252BdkFRLp4%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT)does not wok. I am using my cell phone to post. I am very curious as to what this Camera is. It looks to be Huge, he called it a 10x12 the back is crazy it keeps unfolding to different sizes (wet plate?, How do you place a holdwe or use a GG on that beast). The front lens hood seems kind of wierd but I buess in a studio it would help flare.

Play name that studio camera, LOL

banjo
17-May-2011, 12:35
well it looks like a will make camera! with no GG
and I don't see any marking like it ever had a brass name tag
they got $500.00 for it

Steven Tribe
18-May-2011, 01:32
This doesn't look like a traditional Studio camera. The double pipe rail system was used for big horizontal enlargers and other process (copying) cameras. The array of plate sizes was to satisfy all the many needs of customers!

These items don't usually sell - especialy when they are so unattractive/heavy as this one is!

akfreak
20-May-2011, 01:07
I cant figure out how one is supposed to insert GG or Film, a Plate holder anything, It is very strange. I asked around and a copy camera of some sort is the word I get. I like it, but would have to be a studio conversation piece. IMO

TheDeardorffGuy
20-May-2011, 16:45
Guys, Its Russian from the 50s. The box it sits on is not right with that arm holder on it. Maybe 10 years ago A guy sent me one sight un seen thinking it was a Deardorff because it was wood! DUH. The box had all sorts of stuff including a back just like the one shown. Type in wood Russian view cameras in google