PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPad/Android app for film development suggestion

alexcong
16-May-2011, 07:27
Is there an app for film development that gives step to step instructions/guide and serves as a timer?

Thanks

Roger Thoms
16-May-2011, 07:38
Check out the Massive Dev Chart from Digial Truth. Not exactly step by step directions but it has a hugh data base of film and developer and a nice timer. Plus you can enter your own times and edit everything.

Roger

alexcong
16-May-2011, 07:59
Check out the Massive Dev Chart from Digial Truth. Not exactly step by step directions but it has a hugh data base of film and developer and a nice timer. Plus you can enter your own times and edit everything.

Roger

I checked out their online version. Seems a pretty good app to have. How accurate is the database? Say for FP4+ and HC110 (Dilution B), Dev time 6min, the ISO is rated 50, isn't a bit low?

Roger Thoms
16-May-2011, 08:16
I checked out their online version. Seems a pretty good app to have. How accurate is the database? Say for FP4+ and HC110 (Dilution B), Dev time 6min, the ISO is rated 50, isn't a bit low?

I don't know were they get all of the data, but suspect that it comes from a variety of sources. If you steady looking for development times for a particular film/Dev combo you'll always find conflicting information. At the very least the times are a good starting point.

Roger

David de Gruyl
16-May-2011, 08:28
all developing information is a guideline or starting point. Your personal process effects the results.

That being said, I have had good luck with the massive dev chart.

RawheaD
16-May-2011, 10:52
+1 for Massive Dev Chart. You can always "edit" the times and make your own, which is what I always tend to do. Once you have a good combo down, you'd just be looking inside "Your Times" :-)

alexcong
16-May-2011, 11:53
Downloaded the app. The timer is really handy.

Box_McNulty
9-Mar-2016, 00:22
I Got The App The Massive Dev Chart Is Awesome..It Also Give Help To Save Time.

angusparker
9-Mar-2016, 21:08
You can also adjust the suggested times based on development temperature. Helpful if you have hot or cold water. Remember to reduce DEV times by around 15% if you rotary process.