PDA

View Full Version : Help - How Remove Bellows From Kodak D2

northcarolinajack
14-May-2011, 07:16
I just purchased a Kodak D2 5x7 camera and the bellows must be replaced. The wood is in great shape and I do not want to cause damage. I removed the wood screws from the front standard, but the bellows will not budge. It is glued or just old or are they more screws that just 2 at the top and bottom?
Any info will be of help.
Thanks

Jack

Jim Noel
14-May-2011, 07:20
I just purchased a Kodak D2 5x7 camera and the bellows must be replaced. The wood is in great shape and I do not want to cause damage. I removed the wood screws from the front standard, but the bellows will not budge. It is glued or just old or are they more screws that just 2 at the top and bottom?
Any info will be of help.
Thanks

Jack

There should be screws on all 4 sides of the bellows frame.

Herb Cunningham
14-May-2011, 07:22
I had one of these years ago. I am pretty sure they are glued. Best bet is to get in touch with a bellows source, send them the whole thing and let them remove and replace the bellows. It won't cost a fortune. I used a guy in Hawaii , name was "Bellows Replacement" or some such.
The big shot company is in the UK, shipping will kill ye. There is also an industrial company in Pa (?) that made me a really big bellows for a studio camera, they would be a good source also. Google will find them.

GPS
14-May-2011, 08:14
Use contact cement thinner.

neil poulsen
14-May-2011, 09:30
I have a D2 8x10 and want to replace the bellows. What glue should be used install the new bellows?

TheDeardorffGuy
14-May-2011, 09:50
On the front. If it is stuck it is because the bellows was installed while the clear finish was not quite set. Tackless but not dry all the way. If you use a bit of acetone (DO NOT SMOKE NEAR THIS STUFF, GET IT?) it will wick under and it will lift off. Apply let it sit 10 minutes and pull.
Pliobond is a great cement to apply bellows to frames. On the rear frame 1/8 in staples.

Peter De Smidt
14-May-2011, 21:49
Richard Ritter (http://www.lg4mat.net/). does all sorts of restoration work on wooden cameras. He could certainly install a new bellows for you. He does first rate work.

northcarolinajack
16-May-2011, 18:00
Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. It has been removed, using several suggestions.

Jack

northcarolinajack
16-May-2011, 18:01
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. The bellows has been removed by using several of the suggestions.

Jack

chaz
18-May-2011, 19:02
I just restored a 5X7 2D. Let me know if you have any more questions. Pic on my website if you would like to see it.
www.chasbosioimages.com

Also picture here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbosio/5728860320/in/photostream