PDA

View Full Version : Wista 45 SP Focusung latch

Joseph Kayne
11-May-2011, 15:52
Does anyone know how to tighten down the knob on the rail that locks the focusing. Mine is starting to have too much slack. Thanks. Joe.

Noah A
11-May-2011, 18:11
You could give Marflex a call if you're in the US. I don't have their number handy but if you can't find it online maybe send Bob Salomon a PM.

If it's the same mechanism as a VX, there is a small flathead screw that holds the black metal lever in place. If you remove that screw, you'll see that the lever keys into another larger screw with a hex head. The hex head keys into the lever. So you may be able to remove the little screw, lift the lever off and rotate it to the next position on the hex head screw.

I don't know if this is a good idea. The focus on my VX locked tight enough for me so I never tried it. But it could theoretically be done. The problem is that it's not infinitely adjustable since it has to key into the hex head, so it's possible that it might be too tight if you move the lever to the next position.

Just be very careful with the hardware. The little flathead screws are fragile. My VX had a chipped lever so I replaced one of them with a new part from Marflex. But when I installed the new part, I tightened the screw too much and the head snapped off. So I had to replace the screw too.

Luckily Marflex had the parts in stock and for a good price.