PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Santa Fe

davehyams
11-May-2011, 09:33
Just wanted to say hello from Santa Fe, if there are any LF'ers out here it would be fun to meet up.

Kirk Gittings
11-May-2011, 11:39
Greeting from the land of entrapment. There are a number of us in the area. If you could have caught my opening in ABQ this last Saturday, you could have met quite a few. Show (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=74793)

Maybe some will chime in.

davehyams
11-May-2011, 12:53
Yeah I wanted to get to the big city to see your work, but sometimes its hard to find time to come off the mountain. Anyways, I hope it was well attended.

msk2193
11-May-2011, 14:19
Welcome Dave.

Kirk Gittings
11-May-2011, 14:45
Yeah I wanted to get to the big city to see your work, but sometimes its hard to find time to come off the mountain. Anyways, I hope it was well attended.

It was very well attended. Thanks.

Thebes
11-May-2011, 17:50
Welcome to the board.

I am outside of Taos.
I could be into attending a LF meet up in SF sometime or maybe Abq. with sufficient advance notice.

davehyams
12-May-2011, 08:18
I would be more than willing to make the trek up to the Taos area, been wanting to shoot some wet plate up that way anyways, just need to finish the little darkbox up so I am nice and mobile.

Vick Vickery
12-May-2011, 08:58
Welcome to group therapy! Seem to be several folks over your way. What kind of equipment are you using...and what do you like to shoot?

Allen Rumme
12-May-2011, 10:11
Welcome Dave. I'm in Los Lunas, but I get up your way on a regular basis.

davehyams
12-May-2011, 10:53
I shoot a kodak 2d with various brass lenses for wet plate. shoot everything, but have been building a portfolio of full plate ambrotype portraits on various colors of stained glass. Its simple studio work, but looking to take the wet plate stuff on the road and do some landscape/ doc work in northern NM. Allen that lens database is awesome, great resource.

Vick Vickery
12-May-2011, 13:24
You should feel at home here...there are several of the posters who work in the older processes and share photos and information regularly!