PDA

View Full Version : Fuji 600mm T

Ed Richards
10-May-2011, 18:59
Any experience with this lens? I would be using it on a Sinar F2, so it should be rigid enough, and I have the long bellows.

Eric Woodbury
10-May-2011, 19:42
I have the Nikkor 600/800T version. It is a good lens and takes about the same bellows draw as the 450C Fuji. The only complaint I have is that it is a heavy beast, so if you have to move it around, you should shoot near the car. It makes a nice sharp image and if the Fuji is like the rest of my Fuji lenses, then it will be wonderful, too.

(I use 65, 105, 125, 180, 240, 360, and 450mm Fuji glass. I've become a real convert from the German glass.)

Steve Barber
10-May-2011, 22:32
Smaller and lighter than the 600mm Nikkor T-ED, it is slower and has a smaller image circle. The Nikkor requires a 95mm filter; the Fujinon takes a 67mm filter. I do not remember the bellows draw necessary, but a camera that will accommodate a 480mm lens will have enough for the 600mm Fujinon T. If your camera has less, then you need to check it out. Focused at infinity, I think it needs something like 400mm. You will, definitely, not want to use a lens board top hat extension with it, if that is what you have in mind.

The only problem I have with it is the small image circle, which does not allow much movement using the front standard on a 4x5 due to the exaggerated image displacement typical of a telephoto lens when using front standard movements.