PDA

View Full Version : Can't close my Linhof back : what is the problem ?

tweenkle
10-May-2011, 11:22
Hi.
I bought a Linhof Technika IV and the back cannot be close.

I don't have a working back to compare with mine, so I don't know the kind of problem I'm facing and the way to solve it.

1/ First, I find strange that the little black button (with chrome in the center) can't be moved in either direction. I guess it should move forward in order to make the little piece of metal go through the little hole and then close the back. Am I right ?

2/ Maybe the little piece of metal is broken but even if this is the case, the button should move, shouldn't it ?

(I'm not sure people would understand what I'm telling...).

Can anybody help me to understand the problem ?

Thanks.

Bob Salomon
10-May-2011, 11:52
It is supposed to slide up. Do you see the small locking tab? The button is pushed up from the lock's position. Use the tip of you thumb and push straight. Otherwise it needs a service center.

tweenkle
10-May-2011, 11:57
Thanks Bob.

After trying everything, I can't move the button at all.

Could I find somewhere on the web a picture of the whole moving part, in order I can see if it's broken ?

Bob Salomon
10-May-2011, 12:27
Thanks Bob.

After trying everything, I can't move the button at all.

Could I find somewhere on the web a picture of the whole moving part, in order I can see if it's broken ?

I would doubt it. If the hood is closed all that can be seen is the button and the small locking tab between the parts of the hood that pop up. Contact Linhof service.