PDA

View Full Version : Hello from White Rock, BC

Shac
8-May-2011, 12:00
Hi - just joined . Not a newcomer to LF but am getting back into it again now I have more time - the joys of retirement.
No longer a wet darkroom - instead a scanner and epson printer.

Heroique
8-May-2011, 12:51
Greetings from just down the beach!

Hope your Epson printer starts humming soon.

Looking forward to seeing some BC shore shots…

Tony Evans
8-May-2011, 12:51
Shac,
Welcome back. I'm a newcomer but same, same....

lbenac
8-May-2011, 13:12
Hello,

I am also a newbie from the same region.

Luc

Shac
8-May-2011, 14:29
Hi everyone - thanks - it does seem a great forum.
Heroique - the Epson is certainly humming - it's a 3880 and the output is fabulous for me

Andrew O'Neill
8-May-2011, 15:40
Hi Shac, and welcome. I went to White Rock to see the white rock... I was disappointed to see that the rock is not naturally white, but instead painted white. Curious as to which camera/film you use... and scanner.

Shac
8-May-2011, 17:14
Hi Andrew - yes it's painted!
For LF most recently I've been using a Super Speed Graphic with a 90 SA, a 180 Nikkor and a recently acquired Fujinon 135. AS to a scanner for LF - I use an old 2450 Epson.
I get tempted by another Technika but not at the prices.

David Swinnard
8-May-2011, 19:03
Hello from Coquitlam

Yeah, that painted rock...

Beau Photo has had a Technika (Master I think) for what seems like a reasonable price - and since it's been there a while the consignee may be willing to take a lesser amount. I scored a fine lens there a few years back that had been sitting in the used goods case for over a year. Ken finally said quit looking and make an offer. I did and he convinced the seller to take it - better cash in hand than a lens sitting in a case unused.

Retirement...looking forward to that later this summer. I've already got a long list of things to try/do.

Shac, did you pick up that Chamonix that was just on Craigslist in the last week or so?

Shac
8-May-2011, 21:03
David - thanks for the heads up - I'll give them a call.
I think you will thoroughly enjoy retirement - I can highly recommend it
As to the Chamonix - no that wasn't me

Gary Nylander
8-May-2011, 21:54
Shac,
Greetings, White Rock and area is beautiful ! I hope you find lots to photograph.

Gary

Vick Vickery
9-May-2011, 10:12
Welcome to group theapy! :) Lots of folks here use digital printing, myself included; no longer have the time and desire for darkroom work...have all of my developing done by pro labs, and some of the printing also if I need larger sizes.

Shac
9-May-2011, 12:00
Thanks Gary & Vick
Vick - I got my first darkroom when I was 12 which is many many years ago. Built one in every place I lived until I went into an apartment. Now I only develop film in my bathroom. The Epson prints up to 17"x22" which is plenty big enough for me - and as it also prints as small as 4x5 - its great for test prints.
Cheers
David

dperez
16-May-2011, 13:39
Welcome to the forum. I love BC Canada, what a beautiful place. Hope to see some scans from you soon.

Sirius Glass
16-May-2011, 14:59
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum!

Steve