PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 5x7

Greg Y
7-May-2011, 08:51
I've been looking for a back up to my Deardorff 5x7 for quite a while. After some hunting, I decided on the Chamonix 5x7 horizontal. Thanks to Hugo Z it arrived very quickly. The camera is incredibly well made, sets up in a flash compared to other more complicated designs & the movements are very smooth and precise. I consider it to be very good value for the money.

cdholden
7-May-2011, 12:42
Not knocking the Chamonix, but why not just get another Deardorff for backup? It should work with all of your existing Deardorff accessories.

Greg Y
7-May-2011, 15:41
Well....just trying to be a little less of a luddite. The Chamonix will serve just fine at lighter weight (not that that is much of a factor). Several friends have Deardorff 5x7s as well, and to me they are like guitars....each one is subtly different in feel. I like my rickety old one just fine. I've got an adapter from linhof to DD boards....other than that, nothing else has to fit. I mostly photograph horizontals anyways....,I think the two cameras will complement each other just fine. I'll use the Ch for extended backcountry trips. I was just worried that if my DD get knocked over, like my DD V8 did....it might take a long time to get it fixed.