PDA

View Full Version : Wilson's photographic magazine?

akfreak
5-May-2011, 20:12
I am sure everyone here has heard of Wilson's Photographic Magazine (1917) Digitized by Google. Maybe not, for those that haven't here is a link the Info (http://books.google.com/books?id=lrYaAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA534&lpg=PA534&dq=voorhees+%26+Burdsal&source=bl&ots=GenOAE0-3M&sig=dFgl8PrybKSOEdFUYKSWuGaPtow&hl=en&ei=gWTD#v=onepage&q&f=false) in Google Books, It is simply amazing. It talks about all sorts of Vintage photography and so far it seems to be free to read thruogh google. I have been reading volume 54 and on Page 535 a section called THE WORKROOM "Doretypes and how to make them", many sections all of great interest another Making A Ground-Glass Screen. Simply amazing to me. Digital has really taken a back seet of late. I wish I had not waited so long to dive into alternative photography.

Louis Pacilla
6-May-2011, 06:22
I would suggest you set up your personal "Google Books" library. Then go through & search different key words like Portrait lens, Studio Camera, Dallmeyer, Voigtlander,Ross,Zentmeyer,Century,American Optical, Rochester Optical Co, & so on. You will build a large library in a day. I only add "Full view" books & magazines to my library. This weeds out partial or buy to read magazines & book. Setting up your own library makes research much more streamlined & direct.

I have nearly 900 full view photography mags & books dating back to the 1860's & up to 1940's.

Here is an example, The British Journal of Photography 1875.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Wp0OAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA348&dq=Dallmeyer+Patent+Portrait+lens+%26+diffusion+of+focus&lr=&ei=RvLDTb_MNqiwyQS934WaDg&cd=25#v=onepage&q=Dallmeyer%20Patent%20Portrait%20lens%20%26%20diffusion%20of%20focus&f=false

akfreak
6-May-2011, 10:36
That is awesome, the information is unbelievable. Thanks for the tip on how to store the information as it seems endless.

John Jarosz
7-May-2011, 08:03
WOW. If only something like this existed back in the '80's when I was researching Carbon Printing.......