PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Big Easy

Myxine
5-May-2011, 18:26
Hey guys!

I registered a few months back and lurked for a while. i still do. i can't share any picture, for a good reason: i don't shoot large format.
I'm still new to photography and spent most of my time shooting digital. I recently went to medium format, as i felt it would be a good way to learn before improving in the next months/years to a larger one.

In brief, i'm here to learn and appreciate the great works you guys do

Thanks

Arnaud

Vick Vickery
5-May-2011, 19:39
Welcome to group therapy! :) Glad to hear you've gotten into film...you'll find it a whole different world from digital. As you've no doubt figured out, many of the posters here shoot many different formats and enjoy them all. In addition to 4x5, I shoot 35mm, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, 2x5 (special holder for the 4x5 cameras), and 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 in Polaroid...er, Fuji. Have fun and get into LF soon...its another whole different world than medium format!

Myxine
6-May-2011, 06:28
Hey Vick! Thanks for your kind words. I figured there was a lot of different format involved here, but LF has a strong appeal for me, for sure.

I guess i'm not going to wait too long before jumping ah ah

Anyway, i love the mood of the forum here. Very encouraging

Thom Bennett
6-May-2011, 07:07
Myxine,

Welcome to the forum! I see you are in New Orleans; you should check out the New Orleans Photo Alliance: http://neworleansphotoalliance.org/. It's a very diverse group and some large format and film photographers are members as well.

Have fun!

Thom

Myxine
6-May-2011, 13:31
Thanks Thom,
I registered as a member as soon as i arrived in Nola. I participated to the display at the NOMA last year and often go to exposures. But i'm shy :D i don't go to meetings and things like that, ah ah

BTW, are you related to Bennetts camera, close to Lakeside?

Thanks for your advices and see you

Thom Bennett
7-May-2011, 09:15
Myxine,

Good, glad you joined the Photo Alliance. No, no relation to Bennett's Camera. Hope to meet you in person soon.

Thom

Myxine
7-May-2011, 13:09
Looking forward to it ;)

Arnaud