PDA

View Full Version : PTB45 vs. TFC45-IIB

sharpbokeh
3-May-2011, 10:35
Hello all,

I'm sorry to be starting yet another 'what should I buy' thread, but I am really hoping to find some specific opinions and insights in comparing these 2 Shen-Hao models so that I can get the one best suited for my shooting routine. Presently I use a Crown Graphic which I enjoy greatly, but more and more I find myself wanting something that has more movements and is a bit lighter. I shoot mostly landscapes and while I use lenses that are between 90mm and 210mm, I'd say 80% of my 'keepers' are shot at 90mm and I am now interested in getting a couple wider lenses--thus my interest in the TFC45-IIB. Unfortunately there is very little information or user reports available for this model. I often shoot along the Atlantic shoreline where it can be very windy so I am wondering if the non-folding TFC would be more stable than the PTB in this environment. I would be interested in hearing from owners of either these cameras--about what they like and don't like. I am also interested in the opinions of PTB users who are using their camera with lenses wider than 90mm without a bag bellows. While I'm aware there are other cameras out there that people will want to recommend, I would like to limit this discussion to these 2 models.
Thanks!