PDA

View Full Version : iQsmart2

LF_rookie_to_be
30-Apr-2011, 12:12
I need advice about purchasing a used Creo iQsmart2 scanner from its first user who agreed on testing and checking the condition of the unit. What is it really worth today? Does Kodak still support it in terms of hardware or software servicing in Europe?

Don Dudenbostel
3-May-2011, 19:45
Here's a fellow you can talk to about support. He's has his own business and mainly works on Creo / Scitex / Kodak scanners. he knows his stuff and is a super guy. I bought a Fuji lanovia Quatro from him and have gotten to know him since. Here's his email address. omnicow@gmail.com His name is Ryan Newton. If you don't reach him immediately he's probably picking up or delivering a machine.

B.S.Kumar
3-May-2011, 21:02
I sold mine a few weeks ago for 100,000 JPY, with all the masks, calibration slide and software. But judging from the number of responses I got after selling, I probably could have got my original price of 150,000 JPY if I had been a bit more patient...

Kumar

George Pappas
4-May-2011, 12:56
I second the recommendation on Ryan Newton. I just purchased an IQSmart2 from him after he test-scanned several negatives.

Ryan is very responsive and knows his stuff. He can provide service and support for you once you make your purchase.

The IQ2 is a great machine. I went through a thorough comparison (for me, anyway) testing its performance against Imacon and Drum scanning alternatives and chose it. I plan to publish my examination and findings over the next month.

Best Regards,
George

gth
6-May-2011, 04:25
I was just going to ask about the IqSmart scanners!

Very little info about them even here, but checked the Kodak site. So high end.

What is the ballpark cost of these scanners?

gth
6-May-2011, 17:41
Never mind! Searched!