PDA

View Full Version : does any one use photo therm?

cosmicexplosion
25-Apr-2011, 21:06
i just came across an in production alternative to jobo called photo-therm, and they are pretty costly up front,
but am not sure how much each print costs, using them, and therefor how much you will save in the long run doing colour,

but

has any one used them and can cough up a review?

andrew

gdi
27-Apr-2011, 04:28
i just came across an in production alternative to jobo called photo-therm, and they are pretty costly up front,
but am not sure how much each print costs, using them, and therefor how much you will save in the long run doing colour,

but

has any one used them and can cough up a review?

andrew

I have had one for several years. You should be able to get one used for $400-500 and they are pretty frugal with chemicals. The company provides excellent support, even for old machines.

I used to do B&W, C-41, and E6 and it was so convenient, just load the film in the drum (35mm up to 4x5), choose the film options (several B&W, or C-41, or E6) on the LCD and then wait for the beep to tell you processing is complete. The unit itself is very small, but it has many feet of tubing and chemical bottles to accommodate.

I only use B&W now due to problems with chemical availability, I used the original Kodak E6 and C41 processes. Decide whether you are going to want to do the abbreviated processes (3 step E6, for example) with blix or not. The chips for the unit (at least mine) must be programmed for either one or the other. I bought the chip I wanted from the company.

I love the machine, results, and of course the convenience.